For a fun kayaking Kauai activity, paddle tandem kayaks along the Hule'ia River and travel deep into the heart of the Kauai island jungle. Then, go Kauai hiking on a 3/4-mile (1.2km) trek up the valley to an enchanting area of waterfalls and swimming holes. On the way back, be picked up in a twin-hulled powered Hawaiian canoe for the return trip!
On this 2 mile (3.2km) kayaking Kauai adventure, you'll travel through the Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge, a place for the preservation of endangered Hawaiian water birds. You'll paddle past the living archaeological site of Alekoko (Menehune) Fishpond, and get a taste of the ancient people's fishing and aquaculture methods that are still utilized today. The backdrop is the magnificent Haupu Mountain Range, a dramatic and majestic 2000' (600 meter) shield volcano that looms over the river. The destination is a series of 3 pool-drop waterfalls with a swimming hole known as Hidden Falls.
The area is steeped in legend and your guides will tell you exciting stories about the supernatural inhabitants who resided in the valley long ago. Hule'ia has been the site of filming for a wide range of major motion pictures including Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park and its sequel, Lost World.
You'll leave your kayaks behind and set out on a 1.5 mile (2.4km) round trip guided Kauai hiking nature walk through a pristine tropical rain forest containing many different communities of plants, birds and aquatic life. You'll stop along the way at swimming holes with rope swings before reaching Hidden Valley Falls, a captivating series of pool-drop waterfalls cascading over black lava rock. Here you'll have some snacks and cold drinks while enjoying the scenery before heading back down to the river for a fun trip back in a double-hulled powered canoe. It's cheating, but who cares?
Restrictions: You must be able to walk 1.5 miles (2.4km) & kayak 60-90 minutes.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Poipu Area or West Side Resorts:
- Morning Tour: Check-in at 8:00am (Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday)
- Picnic Tour: Check-in at 10:00am (Monday, Tuesday and Friday)
- Morning Tour: Check-in at 8:45am (Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday)
- Picnic tour: Check-in at 10:45am (Monday, Tuesday and Friday)
East Side or North Shore Resorts:
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hidden Valley Falls Kayak and Hike Adventure
- Deluxe two-person kayak
- Snacks and beverages
- Picnic lunch
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 20 passengers per tour
- Approximately one guide for every 8 - 12 passengers
- Items to bring: Swimwear, footwear with an aggressive tread pattern and that can get wet (i.e. Teva-type sandals or aqua socks), towel, sunscreen, insect repellant, waterproof camera
Terms and Conditions:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.