Join the only tour that takes you to the Cinque Terre on a one-day hiking trip from Florence. Hiking is the only way to truly experience the magic of the Cinque Terre. Take a break from the bustle of the city and hike this UNESCO World Heritage-listed site. It's a unique and memorable experience, exploring the only unspoilt survivor of the genuine Italian Riviera.
- All-inclusive tour
- Excellent value for money
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
Led by your knowledgeable guide you will trek scenic trails and wander through vineyards and olive groves, over stone walls and along a spectacular coastline. This tour includes coach transportation, rail and boat travel between villages, entry in to Cinque Terre National Park and a delicious lunch.
The Cinque Terre takes its name from the five picturesque fishing villages of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. Each town has a distinct character, but all share alleys, arches and steep stone steps, best explored on foot. An idyllic snapshot of old-world Italy, the villages are surrounded by sunny beaches, narrow lanes lined with shops and stalls, brightly colored fishing boats, seaside promenades and sleepy piazzas.
The ancient trails are rough but manageable. Be prepared for the hiking – although the path is open to everyone, remember that the ground can be slippery, uneven, and in places steep and narrow. The charm of the area is that it is natural and unspoilt, so do not expect hand rails or safety rails when steps are steep or when the path is close to the edge.
Special Offer! - Book online and save 25% on the local price! - Book Now!
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from Florence
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour commences at Santa Maria Novella station.
- 8:00am (arrive strictly at 7:45am)
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 8:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from Florence
- Local guide
- 40-minute boat ride (weather permitting)
- Rail travel between villages, where necessary
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Meals as per itinerary (L=lunch)
- Entry into Cinque Terre National Park
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Suitable walking shoes required – no flip-flops. Suggestions:walking boots or sneakers, closed toe shoes with non slip soles.
- If you want to swim during free time, please remember to bring your own towel and swimwear.
- On rare occasions the boat ride will stop operating due to bad weather or strong winds. It is beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- A large amount of walking is involved, you must be of average fitness and able to keep up with the rest of the group
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking difficulties, below average fitness, young children or using a wheelchair.
- Minimum age is 12 years.
Itinerary:Florence - Cinque Terre - Florence (L)
Relax as you travel towards the Cinque Terre, listen to stories about Lucca and its famous son Giacomo Puccini, and admire Michelangelo's astonishing marble mountains of Carrara.
Passing just above Manarola (the first village of the Cinque Terre), you'll enter the National Park before tightening your boots for the first section of the trail to Corniglia, a beautiful stretch that finishes with a climb of 382 steps. On the cliff top village of Corniglia a delicious lunch made of fresh Mediterranean seafood and the most authentic pesto pasta is served in a local restaurant with a perfect view of the sea and surrounding hillside.
After lunch, your continue along the steep, ancient path, climbing high up through spectacular terraces of olives towards the village of Vernazza, one of the prettiest and most characteristic of the five towns, where you have free time to sit in one of the cheerful bars and cafés, or even have a cooling swim in the bay.
Next you will take a short train ride to Monterosso, this village is renowned for its beautiful beach and artisan shops. Enjoy free time to taste the local wine, explore the shops or dip your toes in the cool Mediterranean sea. Now, its time to sit back and relax as you enjoy a scenic 40-minute boat ride (weather permitting) along the shores of the Cinque Terre, the journey takes you to Riomaggiore.
In Riomaggiore you begin the last part of the trail, called Via dell'Amore, “Lover's Lane” - a walkway hanging above the sea which leads to Manarola, completing your Cinque Terre visit before returning to Florence by coach.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.