Step back in time to the days of ancient Egypt on a private tour of the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx, the necropolis of Sakkara and the former capital, Memphis. With your own private Egyptologist guide to lead the way on this private tour, you can determine the amount of time you'd like to spend at each of the sites you'll visit.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
The Giza Plateau is only around 30 minutes from Cairo, where your qualified Egyptologist guide will provide a fascinating introduction to each of the three pyramids: Cheops, Khafre and Menakaure. You will have free time to enter one of the pyramids (additional cost), though your guide is not permitted to enter with you, or take a camel ride (additional cost).
After visiting the pyramids, you'll continue across the plateau for a photo opportunity of the three pyramids rising from the sands, with the Cairo skyline in the background. A short drive to the city side of the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the Sphinx, for thousands of years the enigmatic symbol of Egypt. Also in Giza you may visit the Solar Boat Museum (optional), home to the remarkably well preserved funerary boat of Khufu.
Your next stop is Sakkara, home of Egypt's oldest pyramid, built in 2650 B.C. Your guide will provide a brief history of the famous Step Pyramid and you'll have free time to walk around.
Your final stop is Memphis, the ancient capital of Egypt. Here you will see artifacts from many of the great rulers of Egypt, including the fallen statue of Ramses II. You will also have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how the famous artwork is made.
Special Offer! - Book and travel before May 31, 2014 and save 10% off the recommended retail price - Book Now!
Stepped Pyramid of Sakkara, Egypt
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
- 9:00am (earlier or later departures are available until 10:00am if required, please advise at time of booking) Please note, all tours commencing during Ramadan (11th August to 9th September 2010) will have an 08:00 am departure.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private tour to Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, Sakkara with Egyptologist guide. Includes pickup/drop off from Cairo and Giza hotels
Private tour to Giza Pyramids, Solar Boat Museum, Sphinx, Memphis, Sakkara with Egyptologist guide. Includes pickup/drop off from Cairo and Giza hotels
Private tour to Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, Sakkara with Egyptologist guide. Includes lunch; pickup/drop off from Cairo and Giza hotels
Private tour to Giza Pyramids, Solar Boat Museum, Sphinx, Memphis, Sakkara with Egyptologist guide. Includes lunch; pickup/drop off from Cairo and Giza hotels
Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx, Egypt
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance to the Giza site
- Entrance to the Sakkara site
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance to the Solar Boat Museum (if option selected)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to inside of the Pyramids (approximately EGP 40.00 - 100.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.