Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train Day Trip from Tokyo
Save 5% by booking option F800KP, and you will spend more time at Mt. Fuji and less time in transit!
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
After seeing the Visitor Center, return to your coach and proceed to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station, located about halfway up the mountain at 7,545 feet (2,300m). Take in the shrines, torii gates and shops that sell souvenirs, along with views of Mt Fuji and the surrounding lakes (subject to weather conditions). Soak in the invigorating atmosphere of 5th Station; you might even spot some climbers preparing for their adventure. Then have time for lunch. You can choose the upgrade that includes a Japanese-style lunch, or have the option to buy your own meal.
After having a bite to eat, drive to nearby Lake Ashi, located in Hakone National Park. Step aboard your boat for a short cruise across the lake. Admire the spectacular scenery of pristine waters surrounded by Mt Komagatake, Mt Fuji and other mountains.
Disembark from the boat and head to the Mt Komagatake Ropeway, an aerial tram that takes you from the shores of Lake Ashi to the top of Mt Komagatake. Have time to walk around the mountain top and take in amazing views of Lake Ashi, the Owakudani volcanic valley and majestic Mt Fuji.
After visiting Hakone, transfer by coach to the evening bullet train (Shinkansen) for your return to Tokyo, where you make your own way back to your hotel.
Please note: Views around Mt Fuji are always subject to weather conditions as mountain weather is notoriously unpredictable. Visibility tends to be better during the colder months, in the early morning and late evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- For regular departures, the tour departs from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal or selected hotels in Tokyo. For travelers who book the direct Shinjuku departure please see below
- Shinjuku Direct Departure Option Only: Meeting point is at the Keio Plaza Hotel, South Wing 3rd floor in front of world clock. The bus will not stop at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal for this option. Hotel pickup is not included
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
This discounted Mt Fuji trip including round-trip transfer from Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku, for those who prefer to meet directly in downtown Tokyo. Lunch is included. Hotel transfer is not included
USD $144.52Pricing details
Traditional Japanese style lunch included
USD $148.13Pricing details
Lunch is not included. The tour guide will introduce nearby restaurants or food stores but will not be responsible for seat availability or food service in restaurants customers choose on their own.
USD $130.70Pricing details
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train Day Trip from Tokyo
- One-way travel by motorcoach, return by Shinkansen bullet train
- Free Wi-Fi while on bus
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Mt Komagatake Ropeway (check Additional Info for dates not operating)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop off
- Audio guide in Spanish and Chinese is not included for tour option F880KP__
- Hotel pickup for "Tour+Lunch+Shinjuku Transfer" option
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 5 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caretaker
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian menu is available and MUST be advise be advised at time of booking
- Please note, hotel pickup is available from selected hotels in Tokyo. If you cannot find your hotel on the list, please choose the nearest hotel offered or meet directly at the meeting point
- Please note: This tour will depart regardless of weather conditions. No refund will be given in the event that the weather limits views of Mt Fuji
- When the Fuji Visitor Center is closed or if the tour is behind schedule due to traffic conditions, the Fuji Visitor Center may be skipped
- The road to Mt Fuji 5th station sometimes closes due to heavy snows in the winter and the early spring. In the case the road closes, or if the tour is expected to fall behind schedule due to operation reasons, you will go to the highest possible point
- We recommend you bring a coat or other warm clothing during spring, autumn and winter.
- We will not cancel or refund your tour if you are unable to see Mt Fuji due to the weather conditions
- Although the Mt Komagatake Ropeway or the cruise on Lake Ashi may be omitted or substituted for as a result of traffic and weather conditions or other operational reasons, the tour will not be canceled nor will the tour fee be refunded. In the case that one or both of the destinations are omitted, you will enjoy one of the following alternatives: Narukawa Art Museum in Hakone, Hakone Check Point, Cruise on Lake Kawaguchi, Boat on Lake Ashi, Lake Kawaguchi Ropeway, Hakone En Aquarium, Hakone Shrine, and Hakone Ropeway (Owakudani Valley). Your tour guide will finalize alternatives based upon careful consideration of tour logistics and other conditions
- Your guide will tell you how to get back to your
hotel from Tokyo Station after you return by Shinkansen bullet train
Reviewed by: Quentin B, September 2015
Well worth it. Great nature. A fun excursion for a day outside wonderful Tokyo.
Reviewed by: Brendon L, September 2015
Wow, what a great tour. Others seem to complain that it is rushed at each stop. It is a little rushed, however people like to drag their feet, so I can see why. The stops were great, nice authentic lunch, great cabe car ride up the mountain, Fuji was shy and did not come out to view, but that's not the fault of the tour. The ride on the lake was the highlight, just beautiful. Also Anne, our guide was amazing! Thanks Anne :