Experience the best of the Bay of Islands with a cruise and helicopter tour from Paihia. Hop aboard the sea shuttle for a scenic cruise out to the bay, and stop at a remote island to swim, snorkel or just relax. Then take to the skies with a helicopter tour over the islands, finishing on the mainland.
Discover the stunning beauty of the Bay of Islands with a scenic cruise and helicopter flight from Paihia. Cruise out into the bay by sea shuttle, which will take you to a remote island where you’ll be free to explore.
Don’t forget to pack a picnic lunch as you will work up an appetite! You’ll have plenty of time to snorkel, swim in the clear waters, sun yourself on the beach or take a walk along one of the many island walking paths.
Later, board the sea shuttle and transfer to the helipad atop a large floating barge. Then take to the skies for breathtaking scenery, which includes bird’s-eye views of the islands and the Hole in the Rock, a famous natural formation only visible by sea or air, before returning to the mainland where your tour will finish.
All seats on board the helicopter provide spectacular views, and your pilot will provide commentary and point out the must-see sights.
Bay of Islands Heli-cruise
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Seasonal from October to April, daily departure at 9:00am
Return Details:Concludes at helipad
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Bay of Islands Heli-cruise
- Scenic Bay of Islands cruise
- Island stopover to explore at your leisure
- Helicopter tour over the islands
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking for helicopter
Itinerary:What to bring
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for a beach visit
- Hats, sunscreen, swimwear/towels for swimming
- Picnic lunch and drinks
- Snorkeling equipment is available for hire, or alternatively you can bring your own
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.