Learn about post-WWII developments and the impact of technological and zoning changes. Admire the stainless steel cladding on the Inland Steel Building, the whimsical post-modern designs of the Harold Washington Library and 190 S. LaSalle, and contemporary buildings like One South Dearborn, Blue Cross-Blue Shield and the Art Institute's Modern Wing.
Chase Tower, One South Dearborn and Inland Steel
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Please meet 15 minutes before departure at the CAF’s Shop & Tour Center 224 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Walking tour of Chicago's modern and postmodern architecture
- Narration by a professional and certified Guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- ArchiCenter is operated by the Chicago Architecture Foundation and is located at 224 South Michigan Avenue in the Santa Fe Building across from the Art Institute on the northwest corner of Jackson Boulevard at Michigan Avenue. Open 361 days a year from 9:30am-6:30pm Monday-Saturday, 9:30am-6:00pm Sundays
- Tour Guides are trained and certified by the CAF. As volunteers, they are exceptionally motivated, enthusiastic, and capable interpreters of Chicago's world-class architectural legacy. CAF tours are the real deal - narrated, but not scripted, led by Chicago enthusiasts
- Not recommended for young children
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.