Select a datex
See the best of the Red Centre on a three-day camping safari from Alice Springs. Discover the heart and soul of this rugged country, with Dreamtime legends, panoramic landscapes and stunning natural beauty. See Uluru (Ayers Rock) change color in the afternoon sun, be awed by the grandeur Kings Canyon and marvel at the round domes of Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), as you camp out under the stars for a true outback experience.
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Day 1: Alice Springs or Ayers Rock Airport to Yulara (L,D)
Travel from Alice Springs on your adventure to the 'Red Centre', visiting the Outback Camel Farm on the way. Hear the tale of how camels arrived in Australia to serve as transport for construction and colonization. Take a short camel ride through the bush (at own expense), before traveling to the permanent campsite in Yulara for a tasty lunch. Late afternoon, wander the base of Uluru with a local guide and discover the hidden caves and ancient rock paintings depicting stories from the Dreamtime. Enjoy a glass of sparkling wine as the sun sets over the countryside and the ‘rock’ changes color. Return to camp for a delicious dinner and end your night sleeping under the stars.
Camp: Ayers Rock Resort - Permanent Campsite
Day 2: Yulara to Kings Canyon Region (B, L, D)
It's an early rise for an exciting morning with breathtaking views of sunrise at Kata Tjuta. Be mesmerized by the changing hues of the magical domes as the sun rises heralding a new day. Then take a 5-mile (8-kilometer) hike through the spectacular Valley of the Winds canyon, home to the mythical cork-tree women and unique flora and fauna. This afternoon, travel through red sand dune and desert oak country to Kings Canyon Region. Tonight, try a traditional camp oven dinner cooked in the coals of the fire.
Camp: Kings Canyon Region - Permanent Campsite
Day 3: Kings Canyon Region to Alice Springs (B,L)
Discover the Lost City and Garden of Eden on a 4.3-mile (7-kilometer) hike along the rim of the canyon. See spectacular gorges with towering sandstone cliffs and endless views over the countryside. Finish up with a refreshing swim in a waterhole before traveling back to Kings Creek Station for lunch and then onto Alice Springs where the tour ends.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from selected Alice Springs hotels or Ayers Rock Airport
- Tour departs at approximately
6:00am Alice Springs
1:00pm Ayers Rock Airport
1:45pm Desert Gardens
From June 3, 2013 please see additional information regarding airport pickup in the itinerary section.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Concludes in Alice Springs at approximately 5 pm on Day 3.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-Day Camping Safari departing and returning to Alice Springs
3-Day Camping Safari departing from Ayers Rock Airport and returning to Alice Springs
Uluru (Ayers Rock), Olgas
- Touring of Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon
- Local guide
- Accommodation as per itinerary (one-man tent for single travelers and shared tents for twin share)
- Camping equipment including linen
- Base walk at Uluru and sparkling wine at sunset
- Sunrise at Kata Tjuta
- Valley of the Wind walk
- Kings Canyon rim walk
- Complimentary wine included with dinner
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults to operate and the maximum group size is 24 passengers
- Maximum of 2 passengers per tent. If you are traveling with a party of 3 travelers or more, you must make 2 separate bookings.
- Children at adult pricing
- Not recommended for children aged 6 and under
- Note: Anangu, Uluru's traditional owners, would prefer that visitors choose not to climb Uluru. Furthermore, the climb may be closed without notice due to weather or cultural reasons.
- Luggage must not exceed 16kg per person
- Campsites have hot/cold running water, toilets and showers close by. Full bed linen and a towel is provided
- To participate in this trip you must be prepared to assist with preparing meals, cleaning dishes, collecting firewood, setting up and packing up camp every day, in all conditions
- Health, Fitness and Medical: Some tours operate in remote areas and include some hiking through rugged terrain. Passengers should be of reasonable health and fitness and carry all required medication. Please list any prior medical conditions in the "Special Requirements" box at time of booking
- You must have travel insurance to participate in this tour
Itinerary:Airport pickup information from June 3, 2013
Virgin Australia at 1:05pm
Please take the free shuttle to Desert Gardens hotel and wait outside for pickup at 1.45pm
Jetstar at 1:35pm (Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sun only)
You will be collected from Ayers Rock airport at 2:15pm. Please collect your bags and wait outside for your tour bus to arrive.
Qantas at 2:50pm
You will be collected from Ayers Rock airport at 3:00pm. Please collect your bags and wait outside for your tour bus to arrive.
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 29 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 14 and 28 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 55 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 7 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 70 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 85 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.