3-Day Ayers Rock, Olgas and Kings Canyon Camping Safari
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Travel from Alice Springs on your adventure to the 'Red Centre', visiting the Outback Camel Farm on the way. Hear the tale of how camels arrived in Australia to serve as transport for construction and colonization. Take a short camel ride through the bush (at own expense), before traveling to the permanent campsite in Yulara. Late afternoon, wander the base of Uluru with a local guide and discover the hidden caves and ancient rock paintings depicting stories from the Dreamtime. Enjoy a glass of sparkling wine as the sun sets over the countryside and the ‘rock’ changes color. Return to camp for a delicious dinner and end your night sleeping under the stars.
Camp: Ayers Rock Resort - Permanent Campsite
Day 2: Yulara to Kings Canyon Region (B, L, D)
It's an early rise for an exciting morning with breathtaking views of sunrise at Kata Tjuta. Be mesmerized by the changing hues of the magical domes as the sun rises heralding a new day. Then take a 5-mile (8-kilometer) hike through the spectacular Valley of the Winds canyon, home to the mythical cork-tree women and unique flora and fauna. This afternoon, travel through red sand dune and desert oak country to Kings Canyon Region. Tonight, try a traditional camp oven dinner cooked in the coals of the fire.
Camp: Kings Canyon Region - Permanent Campsite
Day 3: Kings Canyon Region to Alice Springs (B,L)
Discover the Lost City and Garden of Eden on a 4.3-mile (7-kilometer) hike along the rim of the canyon. See spectacular gorges with towering sandstone cliffs and endless views over the countryside. Finish up with a refreshing swim in a waterhole before traveling back to Kings Creek Station for lunch and then onto Alice Springs where the tour ends.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
6:00am Alice Springs
1:00pm - 2pm Ayers Rock Airport **
1:45pm Desert Gardens
**Please see additional information regarding airport pickup in the itinerary section.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Alice Springs Departure
3-Day Camping Safari departing and returning to Alice Springs
Ayers Rock Departure
3-Day Camping Safari departing from Ayers Rock Airport and returning to Alice Springs
Uluru (Ayers Rock), Olgas
- Touring of Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon
- Local guide
- Accommodation as per itinerary (one-man tent for single travelers and shared tents for twin share)
- Camping equipment including linen
- Base walk at Uluru and sparkling wine at sunset
- Sunrise at Kata Tjuta
- Valley of the Wind walk
- Kings Canyon rim walk
- Complimentary wine included with dinner
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults to operate and the maximum group size is 24 passengers
- Maximum of 2 passengers per tent. If you are traveling with a party of 3 travelers or more, you must make 2 separate bookings.
- PLEASE NOTE: All tents are twin share, any single travelers will be paired with another traveler of the same sex
- Children at adult pricing
- Not recommended for children aged 6 and under
- Note: Anangu, Uluru's traditional owners, would prefer that visitors choose not to climb Uluru. Furthermore, the climb may be closed without notice due to weather or cultural reasons.
- Luggage must not exceed 16kg per person
- Campsites have hot/cold running water, toilets and showers close by. Full bed linen and a towel is provided
- To participate in this trip you must be prepared to assist with preparing meals, cleaning dishes, collecting firewood, setting up and packing up camp every day, in all conditions
- Health, Fitness and Medical: Some tours operate in remote areas and include some hiking through rugged terrain. Passengers should be of reasonable health and fitness and carry all required medication. Please list any prior medical conditions in the "Special Requirements" box at time of booking
- You must have travel insurance to participate in this tour
- Please provide all your passport details at time of booking
Virgin Australia at 1:15pm
Please take the free shuttle to Desert Gardens hotel and wait outside for pickup at 1:45pm
Jetstar at 1:40pm
You will be collected from Ayers Rock airport at 2pm. Please collect your bags and wait outside for your tour bus to arrive.
Qantas at 9:50am
You will be collected from Ayers Rock airport at 1:45pm. Please collect your bags and wait outside for your tour bus to arrive.
Airport pickup information from 5th October 2014 to 4th of April 2015
Virgin Australia at 12:15pm
Please take the free shuttle to Desert Gardens hotel and wait outside for pickup at 1pm
Jetstar at 12:35pm/12:40pm
You will be collected from Ayers Rock airport at 1pm. Please collect your bags and wait outside for your tour bus to arrive.
Qantas at 9:50am
You will be collected from Ayers Rock airport at 1:10pm. Please collect your bags and wait outside for your tour bus to arrive.
If you cancel between 14 and 28 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 55 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 7 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 70 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 85 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Susan L, October 2014
Excellent tour - our guide was Teagan with Brooke under training. Teagan was one of the best guides we've ever had and made the trip interesting and informative. We loved hearing about her life experiences which enhanced our experience and understanding of the culture. Highly recommended despite having to get up at 4am for the walks!
Reviewed by: Sylvie D, July 2014
this was the best tour ever, our guide " Keith" was full of knowledge, the camping facility was the best, no crawling into a tent but walking into a nice little cabin with 2 single beds with blankets, pillows and towels waiting for us. The food was great. If you want to learn and discover what is central Australia this is the tour you need to take, from Uluru to Kings Canyon and everything in between, you wont regret any minutes. Everything was very well organise, good management of our time. No regret. I Highly recommended this tour.