Versailles by Bike Day Tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Rail Tour
The next highlight today is a bike ride through the gardens behind Versailles palace. You'll leave foot visitors behind on your tour of the palace by bicycle, as visitors on foot can visit only a small fraction of the palace gardens. Versailles' gardens and forests are crisscrossed by a network of fantastic trails and tree-lined paths, so bring your camera for picture-perfect views in every direction.
Arriving at the far end of the Grand Canal, you'll settle down for a picnic in the exact spot where Louis XIV, XV and XVI ate in order to marvel at their palace. Relax on the grass in peace where only your cycling group will be able to easily reach this end of the Grand Canal.
After lunch, pedal back towards the palace itself for an unforgettable view into the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the Revolution in 1789. You'll visit the Hall of Mirrors (site of the treaty ending World War I), the King's State Apartments and the amazing King's Chapel (audio guide available). After your visit to Versailles you'll return to Paris via RER train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Versailles Bike Tour
- Audio-guide at Versailles
- Bicycle and helmet
- Entrance fees
- Roundtrip train tickets from Paris to Versailles
- Up to 1.5 hours in the Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Rain gear is available at a fee of 1EUR paid direct which will be refunded if not used
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If a children's bike is required, you must advise at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
Reviewed by: Kristen E, August 2014
Touring Versailles by bike was a highlight of our Paris honeymoon. Arm yourself with ponchos - the company sells them for cheap at the beginning of the tour. We did get rained on during our biking tour but nothing could dampen our fun time or the great attitude of our phenomenal guide Darcee! She was enthusiastic and positive even through the rainy weather - she really made the trip fun for everyone involved (even kids!). Being on bike let us explore a lot of the grounds and our picnic on the water behind Versailles was an amazing, unforgettable experience. I would recommend this tour (and Darcee) to everyone!
Reviewed by: goscuro, August 2014
I had a fantastic day. I think a bike is a great way to see the Versailles estate, since the grounds are huge. The market at Versailles had so much fresh produce - a huge range to choose from for our picnic lunch. We had freedom on the bike and could find a nice quiet spot by the pond for our picnic. I found the palace itself very crowded so I was happy to visit the beautiful gardens. Our tour guide Kirstie (from Scotland) was very friendly and enthusiastic. She spoke about the history in a relatable way. I highly recommend this tour.