Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Likely to Sell Out
In the late morning you will enter Yosemite National Park. Take a walk and visit a grove of Giant Sequoia Trees (weather permitting). Be amazed by the size of the trees and let the calm and relaxing surroundings of this magical place recharge your energy. Stop at the “Fallen Giant” and walk through the “Tunnel Tree” to get a close up look at Mother Nature’s miracles.
Continue your journey through Yosemite with a stop at Inspiration Point for a bird’s-eye view of the whole valley. Gaze up at the huge stone formations of Half Dome and El Capitan, watch for base jumpers or climbers as they daringly make their way to the top or the bottom. In the springtime, marvel at the tallest waterfall in North America, Yosemite Falls.
After, you may explore the park on your own. For lunch, enjoy a picnic next to the Merced River or visit one of the restaurants at Yosemite Lodge (at your expense). Engage in a variety activities available within the park--you'll have an additional 1-1.5 hours to spend at Yosemite National Park. Hike to one of Yosemite's waterfalls, rent bikes for a leisurely cycle on the flat bike paths throughout the valley, cool off in lovely river pools in summer, spot a black bear or simply relax at the visitors center, with museums, restaurants and the Ansel Adams Gallery to inspire every amateur photographer--there's something for everyone.
Please note: The weather in Yosemite is highly variable and includes rain and snow in winter and high temperatures in summer. The itinerary may be adapted to make the most of Yosemite during different seasons and times of the year.
The Giant Sequoias are best visited between May and October. During the rest of the year, snow and ice conditions may prevent access to roads and trails. In this event, other activities may be substituted in its place.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Yosemite National Park, California
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Yosemite National Park entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Child safety seat for children under 8 years old or 4ft 9in (1.4m) required
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide
- During winter month, temperatures in Yosemite can vary drastically to the ones in San Francisco. Therefore, it is recommend to wear winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- As tour sizes vary, transportation is in either a 15 passenger minivan or a 36 passenger coach
- Tour makes stops at approximately 9:30am for breakfast, 3pm for lunch and on the trip back for dinner. Meals are not included
- Audio headsets available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end
- For hotel pickups, please select the Parc 55 if your hotel is not listed
Reviewed by: Amy S, August 2015
Reviewed by: Barbara H, August 2015
Yosemite is an awesome place to visit. Our bus driver and tour guide was the absolute best. He made the day even more special.