Harlem Wednesday-Morning Gospel Tour
Pay a visit to Harlem, the ethnically diverse borough of New York, on a Wednesday-morning guided tour. On your tour through one of New York City's most vital neighborhoods, you'll hear stories from Harlem's fascinating history and see its famous sights.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
Once New York's most fashionable neighborhood, Harlem is home to the elegant enclave of Sugar Hill, a lovely area where famous musicians like Duke Ellington once lived. You'll drive along Strivers Row and Sylvan Terrace, see the legendary Apollo Theater and stop at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.
You'll then hear the beautiful a cappella voices of the ARC gospel choir as they sing songs of praise and share their experiences. ARC stands for Addicts Rehabilitation Center, the oldest drug-free treatment program center in New York State. The ARC gospel choir was formed to help finance drug-recovery treatments for people in the community.
You also have the option of enjoying a deliciously authentic soul food lunch at the end of the tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Harlem Gospel Tour
Harlem Gospel tour only departing at 9am
Harlem Gospel Tour & Lunch
Harlem Gospel tour including soul food lunch departing at 9am
Harlem Wednesday-Morning Gospel Tour
- Gospel service
- Stop at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Walking tour of residential sections of Harlem
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (unless lunch option is selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Other languages: French, German, Italian and Spanish can also be arranged for the tour. Please call the tour operator and advise them of this request directly, at least 48 hours prior to tour date
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Please Note: Shorts and tank tops are not allowed to be worn on this tour. Harlem Spirituals Inc. reserves the right to refuse clients improperly dressed and will not refund the service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is "Soul Food"?
A: Soul Food is traditional African American cuisine that originated in the South in the United States. Today it has become a highly sought after cuisine. It consists of spicy ribs, collard greens, fried fish and chicken, freshly cooked corn bread, and a few side dishes like black eye peas, okra, or macaroni and cheese to mention a few.
Q: Are the tours wheelchair friendly?
A: With advance knowledge, wheelchair bound customers can be seated in the front row of the tour bus with their wheelchairs folded away in the luggage compartment of the bus. It is mandatory that someone accompany customers with special needs
Q: Do the tours include walking?
A: Guests are invited to take walks through the neighborhoods visited. The average walk is about 15 minutes.
Reviewed by: brniteac, June 2014
my tour was all that i expected and more the tour guide was the most knowledgeable guide that I have every had on a tour, the tour itself was great, didn't see all of the stuff that was advertised but the tour i would recommend to anyone,
Reviewed by: Marcus S, June 2014
This tour was amazing our guide (Glenn) was so knowledgeable as he grew up in Harlem and we walked around the neighbourhood and then attended a service. The Service was amazing and they included you all of us in it. It was fantastic, such amazing voices, we left on a high and enjoyed the lunch at Sivlia's for some soul fold. Would highly recommend.