Papal Blessing at Castelgandolfo Day Trip from Rome
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
Your tour will then proceed through the hills to the south of Rome. The area known as the 'Colli Albani' is home to many picturesque villages such as Frascati, Nemi, Genzano and Ariccia, and the splendid Villa Aldobrandini.
The Pope's summer residence is very near the volcanic lake of Albano. The Papal Blessing takes place in the square facing the Papal Palace of Castelgandolfo.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
The Apostolic Palace of Castel Gandolfo
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- There can be a considerable amount of walking on Rome tours, (often on uneven, cobbled surfaces) due to coach regulations. It is possible for clients to remain on the coach, however this means that many of the sights will be missed.
- This tour will only take place when The Pope is in residence at Castelgandolfo. Availability will be confirmed at time of booking depending on whether The Pope is in residence for your requested date.
- Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
Reviewed by: Victoria M, September 2012
Very good. Got to see the Pope up close and with the help of the guide stayed out of the very hot sun. Trip to and from Castelgandofo was interesting in itself and guide gave lots of information.
Reviewed by: Navindra A, September 2012
The tour was well organised, the guide was extremely knowledgeable and had a very good view of the Pope.