Select a datex
Tour Rome's sacred Christian sites on an afternoon guided tour. You'll visit the famous Basilicas of Santa Maria Maggiore and Saint John in Lateran, and travel along the ancient Appian Way to see Rome's Catacombs.
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Your three-hour afternoon guided tour of Christian Rome begins with the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore on the Esquiline Hill, where your guide will show you some of the treasures inside. You'll then see the Holy Staircase and make an inside visit of the Basilica of St John in Lateran, the cathedral of Rome.
Next, you'll proceed along the ancient Appian Way, passing the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis before arriving at the Catacombs, the ancient underground cemeteries and hiding places of the Christians. A visit will be made to either the Catacombs of San Callisto, Santa Domitilla or San Sebastiano, depending on seasonal conditions. The tour ends with a spectacular view of the Baths of Emperor Caracalla.
The interior of Santa Maria Maggiore Church in Rome
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from a central Rome meeting point. A short walk from Termini Railway Station. Hotel pickup available from selected Rome hotels between1:30pm and 2:15pm
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point. It is possible to be dropped off at Via Veneto, Barber Arberini Square, Venezia Square, Repubblica Square. Please ask the guide on the day of travel.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
A view of Rome, with Santa Maria Maggiore
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There can be a considerable amount of walking on Rome tours, (often on uneven, cobbled surfaces) due to coach regulations. It is possible for clients to remain on the coach, however this means that many of the sights will be missed.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.