Corcovado Mountain and Christ Redeemer Statue Half-Day Tour
Take an afternoon tour to Corcovado Mountain topped with the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer. You'll travel through the Tijuca Rain Forest by cog train to Corcovado Mountain for breathtaking views of one of the world's most beautiful cities. This afternoon tour takes you to Rio's most famous attraction, leaving you with time in the day free to explore Rio on your own.
Your half-day tour to Corcovado takes you to the Cosme Velho station to catch the cog train. The steep train journey takes you through the dense Atlantic rain forest of Tijuca to the Art Deco statue of Christ the Redeemer on Corcovado mountain. You'll spend up to an hour here with your tour guide, who will show you the sights of Rio from this incredible mountain-top vantage point.
The tour continues to Sao Conrado Beach and Pepino Beach, where you can watch hand-gliders land and surfers show off their skills as they catch the waves.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Pickup is available from most major hotels in the zones Sao Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana or the cruise ship port
- Note: During the Rio Carnival (February 14 to February 17), the tour will depart at 8am
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Cog train ride on Corcovado Mountain
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Please note the departure times for this tour vary by date with special departure times on Feb 14th through 18th 2015, Dec 24th and 31st, 2015; and Feb 6th through 10th 2016, Dec 24th and 31st 2016
Reviewed by: Rosemary M, February 2015
Our guide Joe was excellent.
He was very attentive with all his passengers and was able to communicate in three different languages in this tour.
Marcel the driver was very good at manoeuvring around Rio and its traffic.
Would highly recommend this tour.
Reviewed by: Stefan B, December 2014
A great tour with epic views!!!