Select a datex
Travel by train from New York on an unescorted day trip to Washington DC, capital of the USA! Your tour includes a round-trip rail ticket between New York and Washington, Lunch in Washington DC and a double decker bus sightseeing tour around the nation's Capital.
When you arrive in Washington, you'll meet your tour representative at Union Station and receive a food voucher for lunch at the station's food court. After lunch begin the two-hour double decker bus sightseeing tour, which allows you to hop-on, hop-off at the sights on your "to-see" list. Choose your own way with many stops at or near these iconic landmarks:
- Lincoln, Vietnam, Korean and Marine Corps (Iwo Jima) memorials
- Arlington Cemetery and Tomb of the Unknowns for Changing of the Guard
- US Capitol
- Library of Congress
- FBI Building
- White House
- Embassy Row
- US Navy Memorial
Tomb of the Unknown, Washington DC
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:New York Pennsylvania Station in Midtown Manhattan
- 7am - 8am, depending on train schedule
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Washington DC by Train from New York
- Round-trip rail ticket between New York and Washington
- Lunch at the food court inside Union Station
- 2-hour hop-on hop-off double decker bus tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- On arrival in Washington you will meet a representative at Union Station and receive food voucher for lunch at the food court
- Train journey between New York to Washington DC is approximately 3.5 hours each direction.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Passengers MUST go to the Visitor Center after 4pm ONE DAY PRIOR to departure and exchange their vouchers in order to receive their travel documents and other important information.
- In the unlikely case of trains being canceled due to weather, all accommodation, meals and personal expenditures are the sole responsibility of the customer
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 11 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 4 and 10 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.