Mornington Peninsula Horseback Winery Day Trip from Melbourne
Enjoy the unique experience of wine tasting by horseback on a Mornington Peninsula day trip from Melbourne. Just an hour by road from Melbourne, the Mornington Peninsula is renowned for its cool breezes, hillside vineyards, olive groves and country estate retreats. On a three-hour horseback ride you'll visit some of the Peninsula’s most celebrated wineries to taste their award-winning wines. In the afternoon, visit the Lavender Gardens and lose yourself at Enchanted Gardens, Australia’s oldest and largest maze. Explore the famous strawberry fields of Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm (November to April) or relax and unwind at the Peninsula Hot Springs (May to October) before returning to Melbourne in the late afternoon.
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Travel by air-conditioned minivan to the Mornington Peninsula, only 90 minute's drive from Melbourne.
Start your day exploring the food, wine and scenery of the Mornington Peninsula by horseback. No experience is necessary. This is a leisurely ride on gentle, highly trained horses led by experienced rider-guides.
After being fitted for your horse, set off for a three-hour ride through the Red Hill vineyard region which is well known for growing wine grapes for chardonnays, pinot noirs and pinot grigios. You'll make two stops at select wineries and taste the celebrated wines of the region before enjoying a lunch made from the local produce.
In the afternoon you'll visit the Lavender and Enchanted Gardens. Originally farm land, this large property has been transformed into a beautiful garden and hedge maze. Let loose and see if you can master every turn through this intricate maze and search for the secret gnome treasure, while taking in the relaxing scents of aromatic lavender.
Your final stop will either be at the Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm (November to April) or the Peninsula Hot Springs (May to October).
At the famous strawberry fields of Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm, you have the opportunity to pick the freshest strawberries to take home or sit back in the Dessert Cafe and enjoy homemade strawberry sorbet and ice cream.
The Peninsula Hot Springs is the first natural hot spring in Victoria. The ever- flowing thermal mineral waters flow into private baths and pools which provide the idyllic setting for relaxation and rejuvenation. Here, enjoy massaging your feet as you walk in the unique reflexology pool at Peninsula Hot Springs.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mornington Peninsula Horseback Riding and Winery Tour
©Supplier img HBWT0039
- 3-hour horseback winery tour
- Wine tasting
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks (unless specified)
- Strawberry-picking fees (approximately AU$4-8)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note: Long pants and closed-toed shoes are required for horseback riding
Reviewed by: patricia s, February 2014
The transport company could be better organized. We had to wait for almost two hours to be picked up after our tour of the wineries.
Reviewed by: Alexander B, April 2013
Would highly recommend this tour who is looking for a quick escape from the city while hoping to get some good R and R. Kudos to the friendly staff at the wineries, bunyip tours and my horse, Boris, for carrying me safely between wineries!!