Select a datex
Take a tour of Versailles with a difference - by bicycle! It's the only way to see Versailles' expansive gardens plus you'll get to see highlights of Versailles that most visitors miss, including Marie Antoinette's country-style Hameau, the Petit Trianon and the Grand Trianon. You'll also enjoy a picnic by the Grand Canal then take a tour of the Palace of Versailles.
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Rail Tour
Together with your guide, you'll walk to the RER train station to make the 20-minute trip by train to Versailles. Once in Versailles, you will pick up your bike at at an office just 5 minutes from the Palace of Versailles. The first of many highlights on this active day out is a visit to Versailles' village market to buy baguettes, cheese, ham, wine and whatever else you desire for your delicious picnic lunch in Versailles' gardens. These picnic provisions are purchased at your own expense.
The next highlight today is a bike ride through the gardens behind Versailles palace. You'll leave foot visitors behind on your tour of the palace by bicycle, as visitors on foot can visit only a small fraction of the palace gardens. Versailles' gardens and forests are crisscrossed by a network of fantastic trails and tree-lined paths, so bring your camera for picture-perfect views in every direction.
Arriving at the far end of the Grand Canal, you'll settle down for a picnic in the exact spot where Louis XIV, XV and XVI ate in order to marvel at their palace. Relax on the grass in peace where only your cycling group will be able to easily reach this end of the Grand Canal.
After lunch, pedal back towards the palace itself for an unforgettable view into the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the Revolution in 1789. You'll visit the Hall of Mirrors (site of the treaty ending World War I), the King's State Apartments and the amazing King's Chapel (audio guide available). After your visit to Versailles you'll return to Paris via RER train.
The Palace of Versailles, France
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Central Paris, 15th arrondissement
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Versailles Bike Tour
- Audio-guide at Versailles
- Bicycle and helmet
- Entrance fees
- Roundtrip train tickets from Paris to Versailles
- Up to 1.5 hours in the Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Rain gear is available at a fee of 1EUR paid direct which will be refunded if not used
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If a children's bike is required, you must advise at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.