Select a datex
Visit the award-winning Wildlife Habitat and get up close to Australian native flora and fauna. This wildlife experience just outside of Port Douglas has been created to provide a window into the natural environment. There are three different environments to explore – the Wetlands, Rainforest and Grasslands, each with unique habitats.
Explore the three different ‘immersion’ environments from elevated boardwalks, giving you an up-close look at a large range of flora and fauna within three different habitats. Wander the park by yourself or take advantage of the free guided tours throughout the day.
Wander through the Wetlands and see the biodiversity of the wetlands at work. From the boardwalk you can watch the wading birds forage for fish in the waterways, and see native Australian icons -- kangaroos and koalas.
See the plants and animals of the rainforest as you walk from the forest floor to high up in the canopy -- keep an eye out for the shy cassowary looking for food.
Depicting both the coastal and inland plains, the Grasslands are home to a mix of different animals. See crocodiles basking in the sun and the native bird life among the billabongs -- there is even the opportunity to hand-feed wallabies and kangaroos!
Add to your experience by choosing one of the following options
- Breakfast with the Birds: Enjoy a hot and cold buffet selection as you are immersed within the Wetlands. Experience the sounds and colors of the wildlife as birds wander freely among the tables. Breakfast with the Birds operates daily from 8am to 10:30am.
- Lunch with the Lorikeets: Treat yourself to a delicious buffet lunch as you dine in the company of parrots, herons and an array of bird life. Lunch with the Lorikeets operates daily from noon to 2pm.
- Wildlife Care Behind the Scenes: Take a guided tour behind the scenes and see how the sick, injured or orphaned animals are nursed back to health. Departs daily at 1:30pm.
Wildlife Care at Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:The Wildlife Habitat
- Open from 8am - 5pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
General admission ticket to Wildlife Habitat
General admission ticket to Wildlife Habitat, including buffet breakfast with the birds. Breakfast is served between 8am and 10:30am daily
General admission ticket to Wildlife Habitat, including buffet lunch with the lorikeets. Lunch is served between noon and 2pm daily
General admission ticket to Wildlife Habitat, including a special wildlife behind-the-scenes tour of the Rescue and Care Centre. Tours operate at 1:30pm daily
Kangaroo Feeding at Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
- General admission ticket to Wildlife Habitat
- Free tours and presentations
- Breakfast or lunch with the birds (if option selected)
- Guided wildlife behind the scenes tour (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Last entry to park is at 4pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.