Journey deep into Hawaii's Volcanoes National Park and discover the Big Island's fascinating volcano-fueled ecosystem. Experience the magic of Pele's creation with breathtaking sunset views of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. From an erupting volcano to a native rainforest, there is something for everyone on this small group day trip!
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Dinner included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Witness the epic march of molten lava as it journeys from the mountains to the sea. On this Big Island volcano adventure, you'll journey through Hawaii's incredible range of ecosystems and climate zones before experiencing first-hand the phenomena that makes it possible - an erupting volcano. The excursion begins as you travel between two of the world's largest mountains, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
The region between these volcanoes is locally known as the Saddle and is home to some of the rarest plants and animals in the world. After a brief stop for lunch at Mauna State Park, we continue east towards Hilo. Before the final descent into Hawaii's second largest town, you'll stop to explore Kaumana Cave. This lava tube that once carried molten rock from Mauna Loa's upper rift zones to the ocean now provides for an excellent subterranean adventure.
Leaving Mauna Loa behind, we'll ascend to the summit of Kilauea inside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Your professional guide will lead you through the must-see spots and hidden gems of this World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Preserve. As conditions change daily, your experience will be tailored to suit the current eruptive events.
The summit caldera, steam vents, cinder fields and native rainforests are all on the "must see" list. After exploring the natural wonders of the park, we'll head to Kalapana to witness the incredible power of lava as it enters the ocean at sunset. Also included in the evening's itinerary is a delicious sit-down dinner in the heart of Pahoa, a historic town that has maintained the rustic ambiance of an old plantation village.
Volcano National Park Small Group Twilight Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Kohala Resorts and Queen's Marketplace, Waikoloa Beach Resort
- September 15-January 5: Departs at 9:30am to 10:30am
January 6- May 5: Departs at 10am to 10:45am
May 6- September 14: Departs at 10:30am to 11:15am
Exact pickup time will be advised upon reconfirmation
Return Details:Returns to original departure point approximately 12 hours after pickup
Small Group Volcano Twilight Adventure
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Walking staffs and flashlights
- Rainwear and daypacks
- Bottled Water
- Hot cocoa and cookies
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour has a maximum of 12 passengers per van
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
- Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 0.5 to 1.5 miles on uneven and rocky terrain
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?