Embark on a hiking tour of the third largest state park in the United States – Chugach State Park! Encompassing nearly 500,000 acres (202,300 hectares), Chugach State Park boasts dozens of picturesque mountain peaks, rivers, lakes and valleys and is filled with a variety of wildlife including moose and eagles. On this half-day or full-day tour from Anchorage, a naturalist guide will lead you on a hike to explore some of the park’s impressive sights!
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Chugach State Park is Alaska’s most accessible state park and is filled with enough scenic vistas and exotic wildlife to keep you busy! On this hiking tour from Anchorage (choose either the 4-hour or 7-hour option) follow your naturalist guide on an outdoor adventure to see the best of this expansive state park.
Chugach spans nearly 500,000 acres (202,300 hectares) and has hiking trails of all levels, from easy to strenuous. Your naturalist guide will focus your hike to match the fitness level and interests of your group (please provide your preferred level of hiking difficulty when you book). As you hike, your guide will point out and discuss with you the various flora and fauna you’ll encounter, from mature spruce forests to marmots, eagles or moose!
Chugach State Park, Alaska
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Downtown Anchorage hotels
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at either 2pm or 5pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Half-day tour of Chugach State Park from Anchorage departing at 10am
Full-day tour of Chugach State Park from Anchorage departing at 10am
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Make sure to wear comfortable, sturdy shoes good for hiking
- Please pack your own food and drink
- Please note your preferred trail difficulty level in the Special Requirements box at check-out
Terms and Conditions:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.