Yarra Valley Wine and Winery Tour from Melbourne
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
- Lunch included
Lunch is followed by wine tastings at the rustic Yering Farm cellar door. The afternoon highlight is a private tour of the award-winning Domaine Chandon winery, known for its fine sparkling wines and stunning scenery. You'll enjoy a glass of wine at Domaine Chandon with a light tasting nibbles.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Recommended departure point:
- St Paul's Cathedral, corner of Flinders and Swanston Streets, Melbourne
Or one of the following locations.
- The George Hotel, St Kilda
- 7-11 Convenience Store - corner Spencer Street and Flinders Street, City
- Her Majesties Theatre, City
- Hertz Car Rentals, City
- 9:30am (recommended departure point) St Paul's Cathedral, corner of Flinders and Swanston Street, Melbourne
- 9:00am The George Hotel, St Kilda
- 9:20am 7-11 Convenience Store, corner Spencer Street and Flinders Street, City
- 9.35am: Her Majesties Theatre, City
- 9:40am: Hertz Car Rentals, 97 Franklin St, City
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
9am from St Kilda
Departs at 9am from The George Hotel, St Kilda
9.20am Spencer & Flinders St
Departs at 9:20am from 7-11 Convenience Store, corner of Spencer Street and Flinders Street, City
9:30am St Paul's Cathedral
Departs at 9:30am from St Paul's Cathedral, corner of Flinders and Swanston Streets, City
9:35am Her Majesties Theatre
Departs at 9:35am from Her Majesties Theatre, City
9:40am Melbourne Hertz Car
Departs at 9:40am from Hertz Car Rentals, City
Yarra Valley Vineyards
- Small group tour
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury minivan
- Wine tasting at 4 premium Yarra Valley Wineries
- Gourmet lunch at Balgownie Estate
- Glass of wine with lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Cruise port pickup
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, one child to every 2 adults
- Minimum age is 18 years for the consumption of alcohol
- Minimum age for this tour is 7 years
- A consent form must be signed by the parents or guardian of children aged between 7 and 10 years prior to boarding to confirm the child's age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour operates with a maximum of 24 passengers, however a maximum of 7 passengers for any one booking is allowed. We cannot guarantee that groups larger than this size will be accommodated on the same vehicle
See 'Departure Point' for places and times.
10.00am - Depart pick up point for Yarra Valley
Just under an hour's trip in a luxury buses.
11.00am - Yering Station
Yering Station is one of Australia's pre-eminent wine brands. You will start the day by showing you how to swirl, sniff and slurp and then you'll be ready to taste some of Yering Station's award winning benchmark classic Australian wines.
12.00pm - Balgownie Estate
Balgownie Estate is one of Australia's great small vineyards famed for its long lived Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz. The first 30 minutes will be spent at the tasting table, then it's into the Restaurant for a superb lunch while taking in magnificent vineyard views.
Lunch includes main meal, a glass of Balgownie Estate wine and tea or coffee. (Vegetarian options is available)
1.40pm - Yering Farm
The old hay shed situated at the top of the hill, overlooks stunning views, has been converted into a charming rustic Cellar Door, oozing with character. The Cellar Door proudly showcases antique cooper tools used by pioneer winemakers over a century ago. A fantastic environment to enjoy superb wines made with traditional wine making techniques.
2.15pm - Domaine Chandon
French Champagne company Moet and Chandon's Australian production house Domaine Chandon is the perfect way to finish the day with a guided tour through the winery that shows how the wine is made followed by a relaxing glass of Australia's best bubbly and a view that will leave you in awe. Spectacular to say the least.
Leave Yarra Valley for Melbourne
4:30pm - 5:00pm
Return to drop off points
Reviewed by: jennifersusan54, November 2014
We had a fabulous day, visiting many wineries and at one had the most magnificent lunch, when next in Melbourne l will definitely take the tour again and have recommended it to many of my friends
Reviewed by: Donald W, November 2014
Nice diversity of wineries. Great way to spend the day