Select a datex
See penguins, koalas and kangaroos on a day trip to Phillip Island, Melbourne's wildlife wonderland and holiday island. Visit a wildlife park to get up close with koalas and kangaroos, then watch sea birds and fur seals in the rocky formation known as the Nobbies. At sunset, take your place at Summerland Beach to enjoy the nightly Penguin Parade, as cute little penguins waddle up the beach to their burrows after a day spent fishing at sea. To enhance your Penguin Parade experience, choose from a range of upgrade options: view the penguins from an exclusive viewing platform with Penguin Plus, interact with rangers and watch the parade from the exclusive Skybox, or choose the Ultimate Penguin Parade and enjoy a specially guided small-group tour at a secluded beach location.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Be picked up from your Melbourne hotel, then enjoy a scenic trip through the tree-lined streets of Melbourne's southeastern suburbs and around the harbor of Westernport Bay.
Your first stop is a wildlife encounter at Maru Koala and Animal Park, to interact with koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian devils and other native Australian animals.
Continue to the beach resort of San Remo and cross the bridge to Phillip Island. Travel around the island's surf coast to admire the rock formations of the Nobbies, home to penguins, fur seals and sea birds.
Your next stop is the Penguin Parade at Summerland Beach, where you can visit the information center to learn more about the cute little penguins. Then take your seat to watch the nightly Penguin Parade as the little penguins come home to their burrows after a day spent fishing at sea. Watch as part of the world's largest colony of smallest penguin species leave the water and waddle up the beach to their homes.
Optional Penguin Parade upgrades:
Penguin Plus Viewing Platform
Watch the parade from an exclusive viewing platform next to the main route from the sea followed by the penguins. Limited to 150 people, the experience includes a free drink and small gift.
The Penguin Skybox
View the Penguin Parade from the exclusive vantage point of an elevated viewing tower located at the main viewing stands. Limited to just five people, the Skybox is warm and dry, and gives you the best view of the penguins' burrows on Summerland Beach. Interact with the ranger and join in the nightly penguin count, assisting in the ongoing research to help protect Phillip Island's little penguins. The Skybox experience includes canapes and non-alcoholic drinks.
Ultimate Penguin Tour
The ultimate penguin experience is limited to a maximum of 15 people. Visit a secluded beach location for a special guided tour that allows you to get even closer to the little penguins.
Maru Koala and Animal Park© Received from Laura Tan AAT Kings 05 June 13
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from selected Melbourne hotels
Federation Square, Melbourne City
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately:
9:30pm - 10:30pm April - September
11pm - 12am October - March
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
See the Phillip Island Penguin Parade from public boardwalks and viewing stands. No maximum number of people
Unique up-close and interactive penguin viewing with commentary by an eco-qualified ranger. Excellent penguin viewing from wooden seating and boardwalks. Max. 150 people
See the Phillip Island Penguin Parade from an exclusive elevated viewing tower, accompanied by a personal ranger. Max. 5 people
More personal penguin viewing on exclusive viewing area of beach. Includes mat, headset for live commentary and guided tour of Penguin Parade Visitors Center. Max. 15 people
Penguin Parade Phillip Island
©Received from Laura Tan AAT Kings 05 June 13
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 16 are not permitted on skybox tour
- Children under 12 are not permitted on the private parade tour
Itinerary:Hotel pickup list:
- Adina Grand Apartments: 12:40pm
- Atlantis Hotel: 12:25pm
- Bayview Eden: 12:05pm
- Bayview On The Park: 12:05pm
- Crown Metropol: 12:15pm
- Crown Promenade: 12:15pm
- Crown Towers: 12:15pm
- Crown Plaza Hotel: 12:20pm
- Dowtown On Lygon: 12:15pm
- Eastern Townhouse: 12:35pm
- Hilton On The Park: 12:40pm
- Hilton Southwharf: 12:20pm
- Holiday inn Flinders: 12:30pm
- Hotel Sophia:12:40pm
- Ibis Hotel Therry St: 12:15pm
- Ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel: 12:35pm
- Intercontinental Hotel The Rialto: 12:25pm
- King St Backpackers: 12:40pm
- Langham Hotel: 12:15pm
- Magnolia Court: 12:35pm
- Mantra On Russell: 12:55pm
- Mantra On The Park: 12:30pm
- Marriott Hotel: 12:30pm
- Mecure Pullman Albert Park: 12:05pm
- Mecure Treasury Gardens: 12:40pm
- Miami Hotel: 12pm
- Novotel Bayside: 11:55am
- Novotel Collins: 12:45pm
- Oaks On Market: 12:45pm
- Park Hyatt: 12:35pm
- Radisson Flagstaff: 12:20pm
- Rendezvous Hotel: 12:50pm
- Rydges Carlton: 12:50pm
- Rydges Melbourne: 12:45pm
- Sofitel Hotel: 12:50pm
- Stamford Plaza: 12:50pm
- Travellodge Docklands: 11:45am
- Vibe Savoy: 12:30pm
- Windsor Hotel: 12:40pm
- YHA Metro (Queensberry): 12pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.