Full-Day Great Ocean Road Sunset Tour from Melbourne
Spend the day exploring the Great Ocean Road, and later enjoy the amazing views of one of the most famous and scenic coastal stretches in the world as the sun sets. Enjoy and take in the breathtaking coastline where every twist and turn introduces you to stretches of uninterrupted beaches, dramatic coastlines and the lush rainforest of the Otway Ranges. This is a day that will be etched in your memory forever as the scenery provides you with an amazing postcard backdrop for unforgettable photo opportunities.
- All-inclusive tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Hotel pickup included
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Start your day by traveling through Victoria’s second largest city, Geelong, before heading south to the coastal town of Torquay, the gateway to the Great Ocean Road.
Enjoy the breathtaking coastal views as you drive through the scenic towns of Lorne, Apollo Bay and Port Campbell, and visit the iconic Split-Point Lighthouse, Australia’s oldest surviving lighthouse. This lighthouse has been in use since 1848 and was a signal for thousands of immigrants at sea that land was near after many months at sea. There will be plenty of opportunities to see the native wildlife such as koalas, grey kangaroos and a variety of birds. Stop at Kennett River for Koala Spotting and enjoy an included cafe lunch.
Next walk through the Otway Ranges and see Loch Ard Gorge and Gibsons Steps on the western end of the Great Ocean Road before arriving at the world famous limestone rock stacks, the Twelve Apostles. Naturally formed by erosion, these limestone formations were originally caves and arches that collapsed due to the harsh weather conditions into the clear blue waters of Port Campbell National Park.
Before returning to Melbourne, take in the gorgeous sunset over the spectacular coastline, which will no doubt be one of the many highlights of your day!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
April - October: 7:15am (includes lunch)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
November - March: 11:30pm
April - October: 8:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Ocean Road at Sunset
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees to Victoria Parks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Reviewed by: Patsy I, December 2014
This tour was amazing!
Reviewed by: Michael Fukuda, October 2014
Exceptional! This is a Must do! be prepared for a long trip and to return late!