Wellington City Sightseeing Small-Group Tour
Journey into the heart of Wellington on this city sightseeing small-group tour. From its unearthly south coast to its bizarre central Beehive, the contrasts and quirkiness of Wellington's wonders are unequaled anywhere on earth. Travel by cable car to the top of Mt Victoria, visit the Parliament buildings and Te Papa - the national museum.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
You'll be picked up from your Wellington hotel and travel by air-conditioned luxury mini-coach. Wellington is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city that's packed with drama, beauty, and pride. This tour gives you a unique, unforgettable day in one of the world's most beautiful cities.
Travel around the earthquake-scarred south coast to see the ruins of the Wahine ferry disaster and the distant ranges of the South Island, overlooked by the coasters' houses perched on the steep, rocky hills. Enjoy the views of the harbor and Matiu Sommes Island, a deceptively pretty place where prisoners of war were quarantined during World War II.
Enjoy panoramic views of Wellington city and harbor from the top of Mt Victoria. Take a trip on the cable car, a charming and picturesque transport that is one of the few surviving in the world.
In Thorndon, New Zealand's oldest suburb, visit the magnificent Parliament buildings and gorgeous Old St Paul's Cathedral. See the famous Beehive, the seat of government.
Your sightseeing tour concludes with a visit to the national museum, Te Papa, where you can explore the interactive displays and extraordinary mix of Maori and European heritage.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from your centrally located Wellington hotel or Wellington airport
Returns to original departure point at approximately 1:00pm (half-day tour) or 5:00pm (full-day tour)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Half Day Tour
Enjoy a half-day small-group tour of Wellington. Includes hotel pickup and drop off (excludes lunch)
USD $131.21Pricing details
Full Day Tour
Enjoy a full-day small-group tour of Wellington. Includes hotel pickup and drop off and lunch.
USD $288.67Pricing details
Wellington City Sightseeing Small Group Tour including Lunch
- Guided full-day tour
- English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Picnic lunch on the beach or at one of the trendy cafes (full-day tour only)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- New Zealand's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Gratuities (optional)
- This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of travel.
- Confirmation for this tour will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Tour is operated in English
- Passengers arriving by cruise ship, please note you'll be picked up directly at the dock as soon as you disembark.
- The tour groups are small and friendly, operating with a minimum of two people and a maximum of six people.
Reviewed by: Bradley P, March 2015
Our guide Craig told us from the beginning that he doesn't usually do this specific tour...but it didn't matter. He did a tremendous job tailoring the tour to focus on the things we wanted to see.
Reviewed by: Ruolin W, March 2015