Select a datex
Visit Japan's iconic Mount Fuji on Tokyo's most popular day tour, then return to Tokyo by famous Shinkansen Bullet train. You'll enjoy lunch on Mt Fuji, cruise Lake Ashi and ride the aerial cableway at Mount Komagatake for sweeping views of the celebrated Hakone National Park.
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
On your full-day trip from Tokyo you'll travel by coach to the Fuji visitor center to see cultural art dedicated to Fujisan. As you drive up to Mt Fuji's fifth station at 7,607 feet (2,305 meters) you'll be inspired by the beauty of the Japanese landscape. Lunch (if option is selected) is a traditional Japanese-style meal.
After lunch, you'll enjoy the crisp mountain air and Mt Fuji views while cruising Lake Ashi and riding the aerial cableway at Mount Komagatake overlooking Hakone National Park.
Your day trip to Mount Fuji concludes with a ride on the famous Shinkansen (Bullet train) super-express for the return journey to Tokyo.
At 12,388 feet (3,776 meters) Mount Fuji is Japan's highest mountain. Rarely, on clear days, Fujisan's perfectly shaped volcano slopes can be seen from Tokyo and Yokohama, but views are always subject to weather conditions as mountain weather is notoriously unpredictable. Visibility tends to be better during the colder months, in the early morning and late evening.
Special Offer! - SAKURA SPECIAL! Book now and travel in May, 2014, and save up to 10% on the recommended retail rate! BOOK NOW! - Book Now!
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train Day Trip from Tokyo
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal or selected hotels in Tokyo
- 9.00am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Shinkansen train from Odawara Station will depart 8:30pm and arrive 9:30pm at Tokyo Station during the summer months July to August and departing between 6:00pm and 7:00pm leaving Odawara station and arriving at Tokyo station between 6:30pm and 08:00pm between September and June.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Traditional Japanese style lunch included
Lunch is not included. The tour guide will introduce nearby restaurants or food stores but will not be responsible for seat availability or food service in restaurants customers choose on their own.
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train Day Trip from Tokyo
- One-way travel by motorcoach, return by Shinkansen Bullet Train
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Mt Komagatake Aerial Cableway (check Additional Info for dates not operating)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caretaker
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian menu is available and MUST be advise be advised at time of booking
- Please note: This tour will depart regardless of weather conditions. No refund will be given in the event that the weather limits the views of Mount Fuji
- The Mt. Komagatake Ropeway is skipped on the following days due to traffic conditions: July 15, 20, 21, 27, 28, August 3, 4, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31, September 7, 16, 23, 28, October 5, 12, 14, 19, 26, November 2-4, 9, 16, 23, December 28-30
- When the Fuji Visitor Center is closed or if the tour is behind schedule due to traffic conditions, the Fuji Visitor Center may be skipped
- The road to Mt. Fuji 5th station sometimes closes due to heavy snows in the winter and the early spring. In the case the road closes, or if the tour is expected to fall behind schedule due to operation reasons, you will go to the highest possible point
- We recommend you bring a coat or other warm clothing during spring, autumn and winter.
- We will not cancel or refund your tour if you are unable to see Mt. Fuji due to the weather conditions
- Although the Komagatake Ropeway or the cruise on Lake Ashi may be omitted or substituted for as a result of traffic and weather conditions or other operational reasons, the tour will not be canceled nor will the tour fee be refunded. In the case that one or both of the destinations are omitted, you will enjoy one of the following alternatives: Narukawa Art Museum in Hakone, Hakone Check Point, Cruise on Lake Kawaguchi, Pirate Boat on Lake Ashi, Lake Kawaguchi Ropeway, Hakone En Aquarium, Hakone Shrine, and Hakone Ropeway (Owakudani Valley). Your tour guide will finalize alternatives based upon careful consideration of tour logistics and other conditions
- Your tour guide may not accompany you back to Tokyo after Odawara Station for operational reasons. In this case, your guide will tell you how to go back to your hotel from Tokyo Station (Return by Shinkansen), or from Shinjuku / Ginza (Return by motorcoach)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.