Wildlife Cruise from John O'Groats
The decks provide a superb platform from which to view the diverse wildlife of the Pentland Firth. If you prefer you can sit in the comfortable saloon and view through the many windows along the length of the vessel. It's a great way to enjoy the thrill of viewing Scottish Marine Wildlife in its natural environment. A great afternoon out for all the family.
The particular route for the cruise will depend on the prevailing tide and weather conditions, however the two main routes are:
- Cruise through the Pentland Firth past Duncansby Head lighthouse passing close to sheer 200-feet high cliffs teeming with sea-birds followed by a close-up view of the famous Stacks of Duncansby
- Cross the inner sound of the Pentland Firth for a close-up view of the uninhabited island of Stroma and colonies of Atlantic Grey Seals.
Birdlife will be seen on all cruises however some have distinct breeding cycles and after their particular nesting season will travel far out to sea. For example Puffins will be seen in large numbers in June and July but in much smaller numbers in August.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Orkney Island Puffins, Scotland
- Ferry crossing
- English speaking guide
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of your travel date
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Child prices apply to children aged 5 - 15 years of age
- Infants aged 4 years and under are free of charge, providing they do not occupy a seat
Reviewed by: Peter J, July 2013
Excellent narrative from driver. He was well informed. Overall a pleasant day with plenty of interesting stops on the coach trip. Would recommend to 0thers.
Reviewed by: s c c, September 2012
This is an excellent, value for money cruise.The crew seemed to know all about what birds were flying about and also the island. We would recommend this to all