Taroko Gorge Full-Day Tour from Taipei
See one of the seven wonders of Asia, the Taroko Gorge. Take a train ride to Hualien from Taipei to see this great wonder, a must-do while in Taipei.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
You'll be picked up from your Taipei city hotel at 6:00am to travel by train to Hualien. This full-day guided tour will take you to the Taroko Gorge. A 20-kilometer section of the highway that runs from Taroko to Tiansiang.
The stunning gorge is known for its sheer marble cliffs, deep, winding tunnels, and the Liwu River, which flows through its craggy landscape. Travel through Swallows Grotto, where the section of the highway runs through tunnels carved into the marble vertical sides of the gorge.
Travel through 38 tunnels including the Tunnel of Nine Turns, with it's endless series of turns, this is a stunning part of the gorge and where numerous hiking trails begin.
See the Eternal Spring Shrine, one of the most photographed scenes around the gorge. These little temples were built to memorise those that have lost their lives in the construction of the central cross-island highway.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Continue to the Chi Hsing Beach and Hualien Stone Sculptural Park and visit a marble factory before returning to Taipei by express train.
- Hualien and Hualien Stone Sculptural Park
- Taroko Gorge Gateway
- Eternal Spring Shrine
- Swallow Caves
- Tunnel of Nine Turns
- Tienhsiang Lodge
- Marble Factory
- Chi Hsing Beach
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- One-way hotel to train station transfer
- One-way express train or coach ticket from Taipei to Hualien
- One-way train ticket from Hualien to Taipei
- Transfer from train station to hotel
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please provide full name to tour operator upon booking this tour. Failure to do so may result in booking cancellation
- Not wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: mitchkaufman, November 2015
very scenic and interesting, great knowledgeable guide.
Lunch much better than anticipated or on most tours
Reviewed by: Vickie P, October 2015
Great trip and we were even blessed with great weather, despite the typhoon coming the next day. Fabulous views, interesting stops, and a great lunch at the hotel in the gorge. This is a definite MUST if you want to see the beautiful aspects of Taiwan's nature and mountains. Josephine was a kick and kept the trip pretty lively. Even the 2-hour train ride to and back was lovely. I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone coming to Taiwan to visit, and it's not one you can do on your own.