Taroko Gorge Full-Day Tour from Taipei
See one of the seven wonders of Asia, the Taroko Gorge. Take a short plane trip to Hualien from Taipei to see this great wonder, a must-do while in Taipei.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
You'll be picked up from your Taipei city hotel at 6:00am to travel by plane to Hualien, a 25-minute flight. This full-day guided tour will take you to the Taroko Gorge. A 20-kilometer section of the highway that runs from Taroko to Tiansiang.
The stunning gorge is known for its sheer marble cliffs, deep, winding tunnels, and the Liwu River, which flows through its craggy landscape. Travel through Swallows Grotto, where the section of the highway runs through tunnels carved into the marble vertical sides of the gorge.
Travel through 38 tunnels including the Tunnel of Nine Turns, with it's endless series of turns, this is a stunning part of the gorge and where numerous hiking trails begin.
See the Eternal Spring Shrine, one of the most photographed scenes around the gorge. These little temples were built to memorise those that have lost their lives in the construction of the central cross-island highway.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Continue to the Chi Hsing Beach and Hualien Stone Sculptural Park and visit a marble factory before returning to Taipei by train.
- Hualien and Hualien Stone Sculptural Park
- Taroko Gorge Gateway
- Eternal Spring Shrine
- Swallow Caves
- Tunnel of Nine Turns
- Tienhsiang Lodge
- Marble Factory
- Chi Hsing Beach
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- One-way hotel to airport transfer
- One-way air ticket from Taipei to Hualien
- One-way train ticket from Hualien to Taipei
- Transfer from train station to hotel
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport is required to board flight
- Please provide full name, date of birth and passport number to tour operator upon booking this tour. Failure to do so may result in booking cancellation
- Not wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: Glenn G, March 2015
The Taroko Gorge tour was well worth the time, although to do it justice, it needs more than one day.
Reviewed by: Sylvia P, March 2015
Great tour and fantastic tour guide. Enjoyed the mix of gorge, sea, and jade shopping! Would definitely do it again.