Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Likely to Sell Out
In the late morning you will enter Yosemite National Park. Take a walk and visit a grove of Giant Sequoia Trees (weather permitting). Be amazed by the size of the trees and let the calm and relaxing surroundings of this magical place recharge your energy. Stop at the “Fallen Giant” and walk through the “Tunnel Tree” to get a close up look at Mother Nature’s miracles.
Continue your journey through Yosemite with a stop at Inspiration Point for a bird’s-eye view of the whole valley. Gaze up at the huge stone formations of Half Dome and El Capitan, watch for base jumpers or climbers as they daringly make their way to the top or the bottom. In the springtime, marvel at the tallest waterfall in North America, Yosemite Falls.
After, you may explore the park on your own. For lunch, enjoy a picnic next to the Merced River or visit one of the restaurants at Yosemite Lodge (at your expense). Engage in a variety activities available within the park--you'll have an additional 1-1.5 hours to spend at Yosemite National Park. Hike to one of Yosemite's waterfalls, rent bikes for a leisurely cycle on the flat bike paths throughout the valley, cool off in lovely river pools in summer, spot a black bear or simply relax at the visitors center, with museums, restaurants and the Ansel Adams Gallery to inspire every amateur photographer--there's something for everyone.
Please note: The weather in Yosemite is highly variable and includes rain and snow in winter and high temperatures in summer. The itinerary may be adapted to make the most of Yosemite during different seasons and times of the year.
The Giant Sequoias are best visited between May and October. During the rest of the year, snow and ice conditions may prevent access to roads and trails. In this event, other activities may be substituted in its place.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Yosemite & Giant Sequoias Trip
Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip from San Francisco
Yosemite National Park, California
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Yosemite National Park entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Child safety seat for children under 8 years old or 4ft 9in (1.4m) required
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- As tour sizes vary, transportation is in either a 15 passenger minivan or a 36 passenger coach
- Tour makes stops at approximately 9:30am for breakfast, 3pm for lunch and on the trip back for dinner. Meals are not included
- Audio headsets available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end
Reviewed by: BARRY B, July 2014
My favorite booking
Reviewed by: Zach F, July 2014
This tour was perfect... we originally intended to spend 4 days in SF (Thurs-Sun) and the Yosmite tour on Sat. Due to flight delays we wound up with 2.5 days. Even with it being our first trek to SF and so much to see in the city I wouldn't have missed the opportunity to see Yosemite for anything. The tour was fun, and most of all it hardly seemed to impact our time available to explore SF. You leave early, sure, but you get back to the city around 8:30PM (in time to see the sunset) and you see so much it is hardly a day wasted, if anything you are more energetic and excited to see SF when you return from Yosemite. If car rides drain you then yes, a 4 hour drive out and back will not be your cup of tea. But if you can grab some Zzz's on the bus then you are more than rested when you arrive at Yosemite and when you get back. Tour guide was awesome (Nick) and my friends and I will not soon forget the trip.