Select a datex
Take this incredible Rome day trip to the Amalfi Coast, and discover the dreamy coastal scenery that typifies this stunning area of southern Italy. Spend time at leisure in the picture-perfect towns of Amalfi and Positano, and then head to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii –the ancient town that was blanketed beneath a sea of Mount Vesuvius’ volcanic ash for centuries.
Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Leave your Rome hotel in the early morning, and head to the Campania region in the south of Italy. Your journey lasts around three hours, but your minivan is comfortable and air conditioned, and your driver-guide will explain the day’s itinerary on the way.
First stop is the picture-perfect town of Amalfi, on the luscious Amalfi Coast. Once a major naval power, the town is now known for its stunning coastal scenery; it clings to a jagged rock face looking down over the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea. Enjoy free time here to stretch your legs on a walk around, admiring the town’s typically Mediterranean architecture, where houses seem to be built on top of each other as they straddle the hillside! Rest in one of the cafés and sample a shot of limoncello (own expense), or perhaps check out the Cloister of Paradise (Chiostro del Paradiso) -- an intriguing Arabian-style hamlet.
Continue by minivan to the neighboring village of Positano, passing along a stunning coastal road with stops peppered in for photo stops. Enjoy free time for lunch in the village (own expense), and to explore. Gaze in admiration at the white- and pastel-colored houses that smatter the hillside, and perhaps take a stroll along its perfectly groomed beaches.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time, and then head inland toward the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii -- the world-famous ancient village that lay buried under layers of volcanic ash for centuries. Explore the area with your guide on a 2-hour walking tour, documenting the site’s history from AD 79 when Mount Vesuvius erupted, to the early 18th century when it was ‘discovered.’ Hear history come to life with tales of ancient Romans who once lived here.
From Pompeii, return north to Rome by minivan. Your tour then finishes back at your hotel in the late evening.
See Pompeii on a day trip from Rome!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Your centrally located Rome hotel
- 6:45am - 7:15am
Please be ready in the lobby of your hotel by 6.45am
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Pompeii and Amalfi Day Tour from Rome
- Walking tour of Pompeii with a local expert guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pompeii entrance fee (approx. 11 euros)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, comfortable walking shoes and a windbreaker are recommended.
- Each minivan accommodates eight people. The total group size is limited to a maximum of three minivans (24 people).
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.