City Sightseeing York Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Admire top York attractions such as Exhibition Square and York Minster — home to a staggering collection of stained glass windows — and perhaps hop off at Clifford’s Tower to climb the monument and soak up the city views. Take a short stroll from Clifford’s Tower to visit Jorvik Viking Centre where more than 40,000 Viking-era artifacts await, or visit Monk Bar fortress and Merchant Adventurers’ Hall to see two of York’s medieval structures.
With your sightseeing ticket, you can remain on the bus for an entire loop (roughly one hour) while listening to the entertaining commentary, or you can hop on and off at any of the 18 stops around the city.
York Hop-On Hop-Off Stops:
- Exhibition Square (York Minster)
- Monk Bar
- Peasholme Green
- York Stonebow
- Merchant Adventurers’ Hall
- Clifford’s Tower (hop off here for a short walk to Jorvik Viking Centre)
- Margaret Street
- Walmgate Bar
- Barbican Centre entertainment venue
- Fishergate, Novotel York Centre
- Nunnery Lane, Victoria Bar
- Bishopthorpe Road
- Knavesmire Gate
- York Station
- York Memorial Gardens
- York Museum Gardens
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Valid from the time of first use, for the duration selected.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
York City Hop-on Hop-off
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Recorded commentary
- Live commentary on board (April - October only)
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Audio commentary available in English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Polish, and Mandarin; live English guide on select tours
Reviewed by: John H J, July 2015
Reviewed by: lucybel56, September 2014
A worthwhile way to see York as it went to all the main attractions and gave us a chance to see places of interest. We were able to use it as transport to our pre-booked York Dungeons experience. We were able to visit York Minster and the Chocolate Story.