Select a datex
Embark on a summertime adventure of gorges and glaciers on this full-day guided tour to the Swiss Alps from Lucerne. Venture over several mountain passes by comfortable minivan, look down at the dizzying depths of the Aare Gorge, see the mesmerizing ice tunnels of the Rhone Glacier and explore the wild landscapes of the Bernese Oberland! Enjoy the sights of the Swiss Alps on a small-group day trip limited to 16 people, ensuring a more personalized experience.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Small group ensures personal service
Depart central Lucerne in the morning and sit back and relax as your minivan ventures over the 3,307-foot (1,008-meter) Brünig Pass to the Bernese Oberland. Your first stop will be at the breathtaking Aare Gorge. Over thousands of years, the River Aare has worked its way through the limestone cliffs and formed this stunning gorge. Walk for about 40 minutes along a secure footbridge high above the thundering waters of River Aare through the gorge.
Then, stop for a short lunch break (own expense) before ascending through the wild landscapes of the Bernese Oberland to Grimsel Pass. From here, reach the vast Rhone Glacier. For about one hour, explore the long, blue ice tunnel which leads into the Ice Room, carved deep into the glacier. Don't forget to bring your camera!
Enjoy spectacular views over St Gotthard Massif on your journey over Furka Pass to the mountain village of Andermatt. From here, reach Schollenen Gorge, home to the legendary Devil’s Bridge. According to a local myth, building the bridge was so difficult that the devil himself agreed to build it under the condition that he’d receive the soul of the first traveler to pass over the bridge!
After your Swiss Alps adventure, enjoy a relaxing and scenic drive back to Lucerne in the evening.
Small-Group Swiss Alps Day Trip from Lucerne
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Central Lucerne
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Swiss Alps Small-Group Day trip from Lucerne
- Entrance fees to Aare Gorge and Rhone Glacier
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended for Aare Gorge and Rhone Glacier
- Infants and children aged 5 years and under are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat. Please advise infant details at time of booking in the Special Requirements field
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.