Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha Day Trip
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Next, head to Alcobaça to visit the famous Monastery of Santa Maria d'Alcobaça, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the biggest Gothic-style church in Portugal. Continue to Nazaré, a colorful and traditional fishing villages. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (included), and then explore the streets of this popular Portuguese summer retreat.
Hop back on your coach for the drive through the beautiful Portuguese agricultural countryside, and stop at Sítio for wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean and the pretty beaches. You’ll soon arrive in Batalha, a cute town home to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Batalha Monastery, which you’ll visit with your guide. See the intricate architecture and beautiful stained-glass windows of this Gothic masterpiece.
Continue to Fátima, once a sleepy rural village that became an important pilgrimage site in 1917 when three shepherd children reported apparitions of the Virgin Mary, also known as Our Lady of Fátima (Nossa Senhora de Fátima). Enjoy free time to visit the Sanctuary of Fátima, a basilica that honors the apparition and attracts millions of Catholic pilgrims every year who go to pay their respects to the shrine.
As you leave Fátima for the drive back to Lisbon, stop in nearby Ajulstrel to see the houses of the three shepherd children to whom the vision of Our Lady of Fátima appeared.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Batalha Monastery, Portugal
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees for Mosteiro de Alcobaça and Mosteiro da Batalha
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- There is no bathroom on board the bus
Reviewed by: Patrick S, September 2014
This tour is highly recommended!!! Our tour guide, Ana, is very informative and accommodating. She spoke four languages during the tour - Portuguese, English, Spanish, and German.
These are the good points of the tour:
1. Pickup - was very convenient. Pickup was on time from the Lisbon hotel.
2. Content - we went to Obidos, Alcobaca, Nazare, Batalha, and Fatima. It was a lot of places in one day. There were also a lot of stories along the way to give context to the site, history, and the characters.
3. Fatima Factory - where religious articles can be bought is a very good stop.
4. Language - the English tour guide was very good.
5. Lunch - was served in the seaside village of Nazare - seafood was served.
6. Drop Off - drop off was also convenient and directly to the hotel.
7. Value for Money - with the sites, content, and experience you are getting with this tour - this is the best value for money you can get. Partner this up with a Lisbon City Tour, you definitely will have a very memorable Portugal experience.
Additional points to note:
1. If you are after one place and would like to spend more time in that place, like Fatima, it will be better if you took a different tour that will take you there.
2. The Fatima factory of religious articles duration is pretty brief. Again maybe because the tour packs a lot of content.
3. Not enough time to absorb and appreciate the sites - again because the tour packs a lot in a days trip.
Reviewed by: maxwell m, July 2014
This was a fantastic tour. Well organized and very informative. The guides were excellent.