The High Adventure - High Mountain Passes Spectacular
Next you will ride on the miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, before a lunch stop at one of the valley inns.
In the afternoon you will continue to Wastwater, Britain’s favorite view, and take in the views up into Wasdale and across the lake to the famous 1,500 foot screes. Your next stop is the splendid 14th century castle of Muncaster, a treasure chest of fine historic belongings and tales. In its internationally acclaimed gardens you will find magnificent examples of azaleas, camelias and rhodondendrons and also have the opportunity to visit the World Owl Trust.
On your journey back to Windermere you will see the beautiful scenery of Coniston Fells and Coniston Water.
- The Langdales
- Hardknott and Wrynose Mountain Passes - the steepest and most exhilarating in England
- Hardknott Roman Fort - with magnificent views to Scafell and central mountain peaks
- Ride on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway
- 14th-century Muncaster Castle including World Owl Trust and Gardens
- Coniston Fells and Coniston Water
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Muncaster Castle, The High Adventure - High Mountain Passes Spectacular
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (maximum 16 people)
- Entrance fees to Muncaster Grounds
- Ravenglass/Eskdale Steam Railway ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Reviewed by: Michael W, October 2015
Derek, very funny, informative and entertaining. Trip was very good too.
Reviewed by: skclaudi, September 2015
This tour is a fantastic way to see the Lake District. We had an exceptional tour guide/bus driver who knows his stuff. He was able to maneuver the tight corners of the tiny roads. He made many stops for pictures beautiful scenery and I could not have been more pleased. This tour is a great experience and must do.