The High Adventure - High Mountain Passes Spectacular
Next you will ride on the miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, before a lunch stop at one of the valley inns.
In the afternoon you will continue to Wastwater, Britain’s favorite view, and take in the views up into Wasdale and across the lake to the famous 1,500 foot screes. Your next stop is the splendid 14th century castle of Muncaster, a treasure chest of fine historic belongings and tales. In its internationally acclaimed gardens you will find magnificent examples of azaleas, camelias and rhodondendrons and also have the opportunity to visit the World Owl Trust.
On your journey back to Windermere you will see the beautiful scenery of Coniston Fells and Coniston Water.
- The Langdales
- Hardknott and Wrynose Mountain Passes - the steepest and most exhilarating in England
- Hardknott Roman Fort - with magnificent views to Scafell and central mountain peaks
- Ride on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway
- 14th century Muncaster Castle including World Owl Trus and Gardens
- Coniston Fells and Coniston Water
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Muncaster Castle, The High Adventure - High Mountain Passes Spectacular
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (maximum 16 people)
- Morning Coffee and biscuits
- Entrance fees to Muncaster Grounds
- Ravenglass/Eskdale Steam Railway ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Reviewed by: David B, July 2014
Our tour company from Windemere picked us up on time. Peter was a very professional guide. Very accommodating to our needs, informative, and, considering the roads on the mountain tour, a safe, efficient driver. We had a flat tire which he handled well, listened to us, and completed the tour. He was spot on in his assessment of our lunch stop. This was very much a highlight of our two weeks in UK.
And, I think viator's customer service was wicked good-phone calls were promptly answered by humans, help was pleasantly offered, and the information was accurate.
Two reasons above for us to highly recommend viator, and consider it for ourselves, in the future.
Reviewed by: Christine M, Australia, May 2014