The High Adventure - High Mountain Passes Spectacular
Next you will ride on the miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, before a lunch stop at one of the valley inns.
In the afternoon you will continue to Wastwater, Britain’s favorite view, and take in the views up into Wasdale and across the lake to the famous 1,500 foot screes. Your next stop is the splendid 14th century castle of Muncaster, a treasure chest of fine historic belongings and tales. In its internationally acclaimed gardens you will find magnificent examples of azaleas, camelias and rhodondendrons and also have the opportunity to visit the World Owl Trust.
On your journey back to Windermere you will see the beautiful scenery of Coniston Fells and Coniston Water.
- The Langdales
- Hardknott and Wrynose Mountain Passes - the steepest and most exhilarating in England
- Hardknott Roman Fort - with magnificent views to Scafell and central mountain peaks
- Ride on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway
- 14th century Muncaster Castle including World Owl Trus and Gardens
- Coniston Fells and Coniston Water
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Muncaster Castle, The High Adventure - High Mountain Passes Spectacular
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (maximum 16 people)
- Entrance fees to Muncaster Grounds
- Ravenglass/Eskdale Steam Railway ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Reviewed by: Elisabeth L, September 2014
This tour was amazing!
Reviewed by: Ruxandra P, September 2014
Amazing day, very knowledgeable driver/guide called Peter, you see different angles /aspects of the Lake District, highly enjoyable, breathtaking views, enjoyable ride in steam train- a fun filled day.I was not aware of the passage of time, incredible experience.