4-Day Beatrix Potter Experience
- Multi-Day Trip
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All-inclusive tour
Your short break also includes the Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth Tour. A visit to Hilltop farm is the highlight of this tour but lovers of Beatrix Potter know that her world extended throughout the Lake District, from Sawrey, Hawkshead, Tarn Hows and Yewdale in the south to Derwentwater and Newlands in the north and the head of the Troutbeck Valley in the east.
The tour also visits location used in the making of the "Miss Potter" movie staring Rene Zellweger. Likewise William Wordsworth traveled extensively throughout the Lake District and this tour is especially designed to visit particular places that can be associated with the areas two most famous literary figures. All will be explained during this wonderful 14 lakes and tarns tour with stops for photographs and short walks.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
- Lake cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Luxury mini-coach transport
- Ten Lakes Spectacular tour
- Three breakfasts and three dinners
- Half-day Beatrix Potter's Lakeland tour
- Three nights accommodation at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Maximum tour group size is 16
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair access is required.
- Please Note: Hilltop is closed every Friday, however the gardens and shop are open
- Not recommended for child aged 15 and under
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Day Two: Ten Lakes Spectacular tour
Day Three: Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth tour
Day Four: Free time and departure transfer from accommodation
- Troutbeck Village and Valley
- Kirkstone Pass - Lakeland's highest mountain pass
- Lake cruise
- Castlerigg Stone Circle - 4,000 year old stone circle
- Keswick - stopover in town center for lunch
- Honister Mountain Pass
- Buttermere Valley and Crummock Water
- Newland Pass
- Moss Force Waterfall
- Beatrix Potter's Hilltop Farm - home of Peter Rabbit (40 minute stopover)
- Jeremy Fisher's Esthwaite Water
- Jemimah Puddleduck's village of Near Sawrey
- Stunningly beautiful Tarn Hows
- Coniston Water - lake cruise
- Hawkshead Village and Wordsworth's Grammar School (own expense)
- Hawkshead - stopover in village for lunch (own expense)
Reviewed by: Patricia K, August 2014
One word: sensational. Only wish it had been double the time. Great gourmet food, lovely building, gorgeous garden. Very warm and welcoming staff. Wonderful area.
Reviewed by: Beverly B, August 2014
It was great!