Best Kusadasi Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Ephesus including House of Virgin Mary and Temple of Artemis
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Inside the city, tour the sites with your guide. You’ll see the Celsus Library, one of the most beautiful structures in Ephesus. It had capacity to hold more than 12,000 scrolls. The library is also a monumental tomb for Gaius Julius Celsus Polemaeanus, the governor of the province of Asia, whose grave is located beneath the ground floor.
Your guide will lead you to the Odeon, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater and tell you historical facts and entertaining stories about these ancient sites. See the Temple of Hadrian, which holds three panels depicting the mythological foundation of Ephesus.
You’ll also see one of the most popular sites in Ephesus, the ruins of the Temple of Artemis. First built during the Archaic period, the temple is one of the Seven Wonders of Ancient World.
Lastly, visit the House of the Virgin Mary. Recognized by the Vatican as the place where the Virgin Mary spent her last days, this small house is a typical Roman construction, completely made of stone. The original two-story house consisted of several rooms, but today only the central part of the house and a room on the right of the altar are open to visitors, giving it the look of a church rather than a house.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Kusadasi port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kusadasi Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Ephesus including House of Virgin Mary and Temple of Artemis
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time
Reviewed by: Karen D, June 2015
Although I was unable to go on this tour due to getting sick, my husband enjoyed it. We had private tour guide and he was knowledgeable, friendly and funny. I was able to join them in the afternoon and we visited a carpet shop out in the country side about 10 miles from town. We bought one of the rugs to remember our six weeks vacation!!! I cannot wait to get it as it will look beautiful along with the three others that we already have. Being on a private tour is the only way to go!!!
Reviewed by: aaarogers, June 2015
We were a family of 5 including a 3, 5 and 73 year old and this was a great tour. Our tour guide Emry was great! He was extremely knowledgeable of the tour spots as well Turkey in general. He allowed us to go at our own speed slow... and answered all questions and kept the tour fun. After we had seen the major attractions he offered to take us to the leather and carpet shops. We passed on the leather, but he assured us that the carpet shop would be fun for the kids and they would not pressure us to purchase - he was right, it was a nice stop and we all enjoyed it. This was a great tour and we would highly recommend it -- if we hadn't had Emry to take us through and explain everything, we would have just wondered around aimlessly and not enjoyed the all the history that is there to see!