Pilanesberg Nature Reserve Safari and Sun City Day Trip
Pilanesberg Nature Reserve has over 124 miles (200 kilometers) of good-quality roads, making it one of the best game reserves in South Africa. Anything is possible on an African safari, so keep your eyes and ears open!
In the afternoon you'll travel to the world's most unique resort, Sun City, deep in the rugged bushveld in the heart of an ancient volcano. You have the opportunity to spend the afternoon at Sun City, "the Kingdom of Pleasure", at your leisure. With so many options to choose from, there's plenty to occupy your free time. Attractions include a golf course, Butterfly World, Cultural Village, wave and swimming pools (own account), Lost City, and numerous bars and restaurants. There is an optional guided tour of the Palace of the Lost City available on your own account.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Excluding Game Vehicle
Price excludes open vehicle game drive
Pilanesberg Nature Reserve
- Open vehicle Game drive (if option selected)
- Professional narration by tour guide
- Sandton hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Coaches are not wheelchair accessible.
- Sun City is approximately a 3 .5 hour drive from Johannesburg.
- Toilets are available on coaches with a seating capacity of 28 to 44 passengers. There are no toilets on the 15 seater Sprinters and Minivans. Vehicle used will depend on passenger numbers on the day.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Reviewed by: Margaret H, January 2015
Our tour guide Andrew was the best. He was very knowledgeable on history of Pilanesberg, the animals in the reserve, and Sun City. We took a lot of pictures.
Reviewed by: shawng l, August 2014
Very beautiful place of natural reserved and amazing place of sun city and lost city.. Five stars to our tour guide who is friendly, and helpful..