Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and Miyajima Island Tour from Hiroshima
Explore World Heritage sites in Hiroshima and Miyajima in one day! Miyajima is famous for its Itsukushima Jinja Shrine. Its red torii gate appears to be standing in the sea during high tide. Walk through the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, dedicated to promoting peace around the world.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Miyajima (literally 'shrine island') has been celebrated as a sacred island and one of Japan's three most scenic views. It is most famous for Itsukushima Shrine, which, together with its large wooden torii (gate), stands in the ocean during high tide. Deer move around the island freely, and so do monkeys on top of Misen, the island's highest mountain.
The Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park was built to commemorate the dropping of the atomic bomb over Hiroshima on August 6, 1945 and to promote a peaceful world. It is located in the area around the atomic explosion's epicenter, and houses the Peace Memorial Museum and many other related monuments.
The Peace Memorial Museum graphically displays the atomic bomb's horrible effects on the city and its inhabitants. A visit is naturally depressing. In the museum's east building, Hiroshima's militarist past and the process leading to the dropping of the bomb are documented. Audio guides are available in more than a dozen languages.
The Atomic Bomb Dome is one of the few buildings around the explosion's epicenter that partially survived the blast, and the city's only remaining bomb damaged building.
Between the museum and the Atomic Bomb Dome stands the Memorial Cenotaph for Atomic Bomb Victims. It contains a list of all the people who were killed by the explosion or died due to the bombing's long-term effects such as cancer caused by radiation. The Statue of the A-Bomb Children and the Cenotaph for Korean Victims are some of many more monuments found in the park.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Hiroshima hotels
10:45am Rihga Royal Hotel Hiroshima
Tour returns to at Hiroshima Station at approximately 5:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and Miyajima Island Tour
- English speaking guided tour
- Ferry to Miyajima Island
- Admission Fees
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- According to the number of participants, transport may be changed to microbus, jumbo taxi, train or street car
- Lunch is available (at own expense) to purchase at Miyajima
- Please note: This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers to operate
- Please note that the train journey from Kyoto / Osaka to Hiroshima and vice versa are non-reserved local trains.
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- According to the number of participants, transportation between Hiroshima and Miyajima may be changed to microbus, jumbo taxi, taxi, train, or street car.
- Please indicate the name of the hotel you are staying at the night before and after.
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jacqueline P, November 2014
A thorough tour that is fairly packed for the whole day. Miyajima Island is well worth a visit. The tour guide is a local and fabulous.
Reviewed by: John H, October 2014
The tour is worth travelling down to no matter where you are in Japan. Take the opportunity to get one on one with the guide as she is very open to sharing her experiences and knowledge. All tho at times a little heart wrenching this tour is a must have life experience. 2 thumbs up