Pamukkale and Hierapolis
Next you will visit the Roman city of Hierapolis, which is not located not on earth or rock, but on solid limestone layers formed by limestone water that flowed for centuries over this raised level plateau. The name means "sacred city", and according to Stephanus of Byzantium the city was given this name because of the large number of temples it contained.
While here you will visit the Apollo Temple competing with Delphi, Monumental Nympheum (a 4th century Basicala) and the Theatre. After visiting the best preserved Necropolis, return to Izmir.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
Reviewed by: graham h, May 2015
what a wonderful place to go to - the calcium pools looked splendid
Reviewed by: Jan, April 2015
Was really nice