Ephesus and St. Mary's House Day Trip from Izmir
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
The ancient city of Ephesus was an important center for early Christianity. In the book of Revelation, Ephesus was one of the seven churches addressed by Christ in a vision. It is here that you will find the Temple of Artemis, considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Your guide will also show you the Great Theatre, the Library of Celsus and many temples.
After enjoying some authentic Turkish cuisine at lunch, you will visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where she spent the last days of her life. Authenticated by Pope Paul VI in 1967, the cottage is a place of pilgrimage for many believers.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Celsus Library, Ephesus
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
Reviewed by: B A J, October 2014
Our tour guide, Zeynab, was very knowledgeable and friendly, and happy to answer all of our questions. The tour itself was superb, and all the major points were included. Lunch was tasty and it was pleasant to discuss and share the day's experiences with other tour participants. The visit to the traditional carpet factory, where old techniques of carpet weaving were explained and demonstrated, was also very interesting.
Reviewed by: Mohammad Mehdi S, September 2014
This is a magnificent and must do day trip for every one visiting Turkey. Having a very good guide, I learnt a lot about the history of the places. Lunch was delicious following with visiting a carpet workshop and store with demonstration of unwinding silk fiber from the cocoons to produce silk threads and finally being used for weaving carpet.