Port Arthur Tour from Hobart
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsular
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site - Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and much more...
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay and circumnavigate the Isle of the Dead
- Visit Highlights of the Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
May to September
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Port Arthur Tour from Hobart
- Full-day guided Historical Walking Tour of Port Arthur
- 30-minute Harbor Cruise
- Entrance fees to Port Arthur
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please bring good walking shoes for the walking tour. If you do not wish to participate in the full walking tour, please note small golf buggies are available free of charge. Passengers can locate a buggy at the front entrance of Port Arthur Visitor Center (full commentary included).
Reviewed by: Samantha M, June 2014
I loved this trip. The company running the tour was very professional, and provided good general information and a good history of Tasmania whilst travelling form Hobart to Port Arthur, which wa really interesting.
The tour itself was great. The staff at the historical site were all friendly, and provided a 40 minute tour outlining a brief history of the site and the significant buildings. There was time to explore the site before a 20-30 minute cruise around the harbour, and a bit more exploring time before heading back to Hobart. This is definately a fabulous tour, and I would recommend it to anybody heading to Tasmania. I am a huge history nut, and loved this site, despite the sad history of it, but it was great to learn more about our nations history, and actually seeing where things were happening.
Reviewed by: lisa f, June 2014
was a great tour ,the guide was fun and gave lots of information , efficient and affordable trip