Select a datex
Depart from the Grand Canyon airport in Tusayan, Arizona for an exhilarating 25-minute scenic flight out of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon over the Kaibab National Forest. Aboard the state-of-the-art ECO-Star helicopter, enjoy breathtaking views through wraparound windows as you fly over the mighty Colorado River towards the Canyon’s North Rim. See the Tower of Ra and Vishnu Schist as you fly back through the Dragon Corridor, the widest and deepest section of the Grand Canyon.
You will depart from Tusayan, Arizona located at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon on the safest and most comfortable tourism-based helicopter in the world. On your 25-minute helicopter flight, enjoy the luxurious comfort and wraparound windows which offers breathtaking views of the Canyon.
You will first fly over the 1.6 million-acre (6,500 km²) Kaibab National Forest, which borders both the north and south rims of the Grand Canyon. The Kaibab National Forest is home to the world’s largest ponderosa pines.
Fly north through the Dragon Corridor, the widest and deepest section of the Grand Canyon, and over the mighty Colorado River towards the North Rim of the Canyon, which offers a breathtaking scenic Grand Canyon experience. The North Rim forms the edge of the Kaibab Plateau, reaching 9,241 feet (2,817 meters) above sea level.
In the North Rim, view the Tower of Ra, a mountain pillar in Coconino County at 6,020 feet (1,835 meters) above sea level. You will also see Vishnu Schist, the oldest rock unit in the Grand Canyon. After seeing the Tower of Ra and the Vishnu Schist, you will fly back through the Dragon Corridor.
Please note: The listed price does not include a USD$15 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
Canyon Dancer Helicopter Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tusayan, Arizona at the Grand Canyon Airport
- Flights are available between 9am and 11:15am depending on the season. Please refer to the pricing calender for more details.
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departure at 9am, 25-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 10am, 25-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 11:15am, 25-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 2:15pm, 25-minute helicopter flight
Departure at 3:15pm, 25-minute helicopter flight
Canyon Dancer Helicopter Tour
- 25-minute helicopter flight
- Over Flight Fee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Please note: The listed price does not include a USD$15 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Confirmation will be received as soon as possible
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300lbs. will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- Individual passenger weights, including infants, MUST be advised at time of booking
- Pilots are unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.