Chamonix and Mont Blanc
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Lunch included
You’ll continue to Aiguille du Midi (not available from November 4 to December 20), a rocky peak near Mont Blanc with year-round snow. On a two-stage cable car, you’ll reach the mountain’s summit in just 20 minutes. Then, prepare to be awed by the spectacular panoramic views of the Chamonix Valley and the French, Swiss and Italian Alps! On a clear day, you may even see Mattherhorn, the famous Swiss peak and icon of Switzerland – it’s even found on packages of delicious Toblerone chocolate.
There are many terraces and balconies at the Aiguille du Midi summit, where you can enjoy the alpine views and watch skiers zooming down toward the glacier. There's also a cafe, where you can have a hot chocolate or enjoy a light snack (own expense).
Head back down to Chamonix for lunch (included in the tour price). After lunch, board the charming red train cars of the scenic rack railway to Montenvers – a railway that has been moving passengers through the mountains since 1908. In Montenvers, you’ll enjoy fabulous views of the Mer de Glace. This magnificent glacier is 4 miles (7km) long and averages just under a mile wide. Surrounded by the impressive summits of Les Drus, Les Grandes Jorasses and Les Grands Charmoz, Montenvers is the perfect place to learn about the glacier and other features of the Alps.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Cable car ride to summit of Aiguille du Midi (not available from November 4 to December 20)
- Train ride to Montenvers
- Lunch (3-course menu)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children aged 2 and under
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please dress appropriately for a day in the mountains; even if it is warm and sunny in Geneva, it can be cold and wet in Chamonix or at the top of the Aiguille du Midi and on the Mer de Glace
- The operation of the Aiguille du Midi cable car and Mer de Glace train are both subject to local weather conditions on the day
- Please note that the official currency of France is the EURO. Swiss francs are unlikely to be accepted in Chamonix
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel, as you will be travelling from Geneva (Switzerland) to Chamonix (France)
Reviewed by: AALOK P, May 2015
its superb excellent. We really enjoyed the trip. Our tour guide was very helpful and caring.
Reviewed by: sean d, May 2015
Awesome is all i can say!!!!!!!