Select a datex
Leave Durban and travel through the Natal Midlands to Himeville. Hop into a four wheel drive vehicle and enter Lesotho via the Sani Pass, where you will visit a Sotho Village and interact with the locals of this neighborhood. Travel to Sani Pass Top Chalet for lunch before returning to Durban after a full day of exploring.
You will make an early start, meandering through the rolling green hills of the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands and on to the little town of Himeville. Here you board a four wheel drive vehicle, the only means by which to tackle the steep Sani Pass. At the top lies a remote border post - passports are essential - and beyond that, the Kingdom of Lesotho.
You will visit a traditional Sotho village and then enjoy lunch at the Sani Top Chalet, which has incredible views of the pass, before making our way back down the mountain.
Please note: The four wheel drive vehicle will depart from Underberg. And a visit to magnificent Howick Waterfall will be included on the return journey (time permitting).
Visit a Sotho Village in Lesotho
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Selected Durban City or Umhlanga hotels
Return Details:Tour returns to original point of departure at approximately 7:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mountain Splendor - The Kingdom of Lesotho
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional narration by tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any applicable visa fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The listed price does not include a R5.00 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
- Coaches are not wheelchair accessible.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Toilets are available on coaches with a seating capacity of 28 to 44 passengers. There are no toilets on the 15 seater Sprinters and Minivans. Vehicle used will depend on passenger numbers on the day
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.