Columbia Icefield Tour from Banff
Admire lakes and glaciers on a full day tour from Banff to the Columbia Icefield. Ride the Ice Explorer and settle in as a local guide provides fascinating commentary of the starkly beautiful Alberta Rockies region. The road to the Columbia Icefields, one of the largest masses of ice south of the Arctic Circle, is universally regarded as one of the world's greatest mountain drives.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Led by a local guide
The Columbia Icefield is one of the largest accumulations of ice south of the Arctic Circle. The Icefields Parkway runs from Banff National Park into Jasper National Park and is one of the most scenic drives in Canada.
Visit Lake Louise, the icon of the Canadian Rockies, before your spectacular journey along the Icefields Parkway. At Lake Louise stroll along its emerald green shores with a picture perfect view of the Victoria Glacier. With photographic stops at Crowfoot Glacier and Peyto Lake, you head towards the impressive view at the Big Hill.
On this guided tour learn about the unique ecosystem and the creation of the glaciers you experience on your way to the Columbia Icefield. After your ride on the all-terrain Ice Explorer, there is time to visit the Glacier Gallery, restaurant or gift shop at the Icefields Centre. Return to Banff in the late afternoon
This tour is seasonal and only operates from May through to October.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- The Fairmont Banff Springs (Motorcoach Entrance) - 8:05am
- Mount Royal Hotel (Motorcoach Entrance) - 8:15am
- Brewster Transportation Centre - 8:30am
*You must be at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to departure
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Columbia Icefield Tour from Banff
- Ride in the Ice Explorer
- Admission to Glacier Skywalk
- Hot buffet lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up and/or drop-off at multiple locations available
- Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Prior to your travel date, your hotel details must be advised to tour operator so they may arrange your pickup. If you do not indicate this at the time of booking, you will be required to call and advise them of this information directly. The contact details will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking
- Guests may depart this tour in Lake Louise if accommodation has been arranged
Reviewed by: Shengjun W, September 2014
It was worth every penny.
Reviewed by: Stephanie M, USA, September 2014
We really enjoyed this tour and we highly recommend it when you're visiting Banff or Jasper national Park. Spectacular views of the Canadian Rockies and lakes along the way to the Columbia Icefield. As part of this tour, we also visited Lake Louise and Peyto Lake and it was just beautiful. Our driver/guide John was really exceptional. He even had us spend about 15-30 minutes at the Lake Louise Fairmont hotel and also at the Lake Louise Village on the way back to Banff as we had extra time left after visiting the Icefield. John was very friendly, courteous, very efficient in doing both his driving responsibilities as well as being our guide and giving us information along the way. He also had our safety first at all times during the trip. The tour bus was also very clean and had toilet facilities as well. We had a great time riding the Ice Explorer to the Athabasca glacier and had a great 30 minutes walking on the glacier, we even got to sample the water there! Our driver/guide of the Ice Explorer (we forgot his name but I want to mention he is older and per his introduction he had retired but was called to help out in the tours as some of the younger drives left for school) was also exceptional and he made the ride to the glacier field fun and informative. He also did an exceptional job. Kudos to John, our Ice Explorer driver/guide and also to Brewster company for an excellent tour!