Best Auckland Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Discover the vibrant city of Auckland with flexibility and ease on a hop-on hop-off bus across all major sites and attractions. Complete with audio commentary, you're free to hop-on and off at your leisure. If you have limited time - this is the perfect way to explore the city, especially if this is your first visit to Auckland.
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Fully narrated tour
The Auckland Hop-on Hop-off tour includes commentary and visits the "Big 14 Attractions" of Auckland. Buses leave every 30 minutes in summer and hourly in winter. Explore the likes of Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium, Auckland Museum, Mt Eden and the Sky Tower to name just a few.
Valid for one or two days, the Auckland hop-on hop-off tour takes one-hour to complete an entire loop, or you can choose to hop-on and off during the day visiting Auckland's attractions along the way.
There is a comprehensive audio commentary on the bus as it travels around the loop. The audio commentary is available in English only.
Chinese, French, Korean, Japanese, Spanish , Portuguese and German timetable is available from the driver.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
All hop-on Hop-off stops (see itinerary)
10am May - September every hour until 3pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
1 Day Pass
Unlimited use on Auckland City Hop-on Hop-off Tour for 1 calendar day
USD $29.46Pricing details
2 Day Pass
Unlimited use on Auckland City Hop-on Hop-off Tour for 2 days, where the second day does not have to be consecutive, but must to be used within one calendar month
USD $49.11Pricing details
1-Day Family Pass
Unlimited use on Auckland City Hop-on Hop-off Tour for 1 calendar day. Valid for 2 adults and up to 4 children from 4 to 15 years inclusive.
USD $29.46Pricing details
Auckland Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Live commentary on board
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of your travel date
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- The two day pass does not have to be consecutive days but the second day to be used within one calendar month
- Infants aged 3 years and under are free of charge.
- Child prices are applicable for children aged 4 - 16 years
- Bus operates on a reduced timetable during May to September
Auckland Hop-on Hop off stops:
- Ferry Building - Built in 1912 as a centerpiece to the harbour, and operates ferry services to Devenport and Hauruki Gulf islands
- Bastion Point Lookout- Short walk to Mission Bay Beach and offers views of Hauraki Gulf and Waitemata Harbour
- Kelly Tarltons Sea Life Aquarium - Home to an extensive display of aquatic life and largest penguin colony in captivity
- Parnell Rose Park Gardens - Visit between October and April to see the blooms at their best!
- Holy Trinity Cathedral - A place of worship, learning, art and architecture
- Auckland Museum - Three expansive levels house the history of New Zealand within its walls
- Parnell Village - Oldest suburb in New Zealand with great galleries, cafes, restaurants and charming boutique-style stores
- Civic Theater Corner - The main street of down town Auckland and a short walk to the Auckland Art Gallery
- Sky City and Sky Tower - See the city from a vantage point of 192m above street level, sky walk around the tower or sky jump if you dare!
Auckland Explorer Blue Circle stops:
- Winter Gardens - Lovely duck pond set within a natural spring
- Eden Gardens - Described and New Zealand's best kept secret, this garden is a delightful mix of art and craft gardening
- Mt Eden - Auckland's highest point with great views overlooking the city and harbour
- St Lukes Westfield Shopping Center - Auckland's largest shopping mall
- Auckland Zoo - The largest collection of native and exotic animals in New Zealand
- Museum of Transport and Technology - Take an interactive journey and see how technology has shaped New Zealand
Reviewed by: MarieArlene B. L, August 2015
Your tour guides/bus drivers were all great! Thank you!!!
Reviewed by: Noelle H, August 2015
This was a great way to see the city in a short amount of time. It's also way more efficient and cost effective than cabs or other forms of public transit when you don't know where you're going and don't have time to get lost.