From the busy streets of Shanghai to the tranquil canals of Suzhou – you will have three-day’s worth of interesting activities and sightseeing experience enjoyed by tourists and locals alike, led by your own private guide. Experience the best of Shanghai as you explore the waterfront business district of the Bund, taste delicious 'xiaolong bao' (a local delicacy of steamed dumplings), and enjoy the breathtaking Shanghai Acrobatics Show. Discover the natural beauty of Suzhou with a boat ride on its canals and sightseeing tours of its scenic gardens and ancient streets.
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- All-inclusive tour
- Dinner included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Lunch included
Your all-inclusive tour is complete with meals as indicated in itinerary, three nights accommodation in a 5-star hotel, all necessary transportations to and from site locations, a roundtrip train ride from Shanghai to Suzhou and admission to all attractions listed in your itinerary. Additionally, having your own private guide will give you a more personalized experience and in-depth knowledge of the East China’s diverse characteristics.
Experience Shanghai’s active lifestyle on a guided tour that will take you through Nanjing Road to the Bund, the Yu Garden and French Concession. Try the delicious Shanghai delicacy of steamed dumplings (xiaolong bao) and enjoy a breathtaking nighttime entertainment of the Shanghai Acrobatic Show. On a trip to Suzhou, explore its beautiful environment with a boat ride on the Grand Canal and with a scenic guided tour of the Humble Administrator’s Garden and Suzhou’s well-known Pan Men (Coiled Gate).
Please see Itinerary below for a more detailed schedule.
Yuyuan Garden Shanghai
- 3 nights accommodation
- Entrance fees to all attractions listed in itinerary
- Meals as indicated in itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- English-speaking guide
- Private vehicle and all necessary transportation to all attractions
- 2nd-class roundtrip train ticket from Shanghai to Suzhou
- Gratuities (optional)
- China entry visa
- Flight into and out of Shanghai
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participant
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Standard hotel rooms in China contain two single/twin beds; double-occupancy rooms contain two single/twin beds for a maximum of two adults; single-occupancy rooms contain two single/twin bed for a single person
- If you book Double Occupancy but need another bed for a child, call the local tour operator after booking to request this, and an additional bed will be put in your room (contact information will be provided on your confirmation voucher)
- If you have an odd number of adults in your party, a single-occupancy room must be booked in addition to your double-occupancy room
- The 5-star Shanghai Peninsula Hotel is located centrally on the Bund; facilities include 24-hour room service, restaurant(s), fitness room and spa treatments and an indoor swimming pool
- Seats on the bullet train to and from Shanghai are soft, adjustable, second-class seats; the air-conditioned bullet train has a restaurant car, bar and restrooms
As this is a private tour, the time of day you eat your meals is flexible, depending on when you finish your sightseeing and guided tours. Breakfast is usually served in your hotels and other meals will be enjoyed at local restaurants where you can enjoy local delicacies.
Day 1 Arrive in Shanghai (D)
Upon arrival in Shanghai, be picked up and transported to the Peninsula Hotel for check-in and orientation about the tour. Then, enjoy dinner in a popular local restaurant before calling it a night back at the hotel or exploring Shanghai on your own.
Overnight: Peninsula Hotel in Shanghai
Day 2 Shanghai (B, L, D)
Activities: Nanjing Road, the Bund, Yu Garden, Shanghai French Concession, Shanghai Old Street, Shanghai Museum, Shanghai Acrobatic Show
Shanghai is a bustling city of commerce, media, fashion, technology and culture. Experience the excitement that comes from this on a guided tour from Nanjing Road to the Bund. Learn from your guide about the history of the buildings and the structures that line the waterfront area of the Bund.
Explore the beauty of Chinese gardens on a visit to the Yu Garden (Yuyuan Garden). On a walk around the park, enjoy the tranquil environment formed by scenic rockeries, striking pavilions and towers and picturesque ponds.
Find Paris right in the middle of Shanghai when you visit the former French Concession. This area of Shanghai shows the push and pull between both old and new and local and foreign. While there has been a trend towards development the past few years, many areas of the site still retain their old antique charm. Enjoy a unique urban experience as you explore old locales like hidden brick courtyards, old French villas and Art Deco structures one minute and then step into modern areas with new boutiques, galleries and restaurants the next.
After a delectable lunch of Shanghai dumplings (xiaolong bao), spend your afternoon on a guided tour of the Shanghai Museum. It currently houses a collection of over 120,000 pieces of ancient Chinese art ranging from bronze and ceramic sculptures to calligraphy art and paintings. At present, it is divided into ten sections with different exhibitions that show superlative works of art unique to the country.
End your day with an amazing evening entertainment of the Shanghai Acrobatic Show. Enjoy this fantastic display of Chinese performing arts culture, filled with gravity-defying acts, contortionism, juggling, unicycling and all-around mind-blowing stunts.
Overnight: Peninsula Hotel in Shanghai
Day 3 Suzhou (B, L, D)
Activities: Boat ride on Grand Canal, Humble Administrator’s Garden, Coiled Gate
Board a morning train to Suzhou for a fun-filled day of sightseeing around the city. See waterside views on a boat ride on the Grand Canal. Your boat voyage will also take you to smaller canals where you will witness how locals live their life by the waterway.
Then, your guide will take you to visit one of the largest and most renowned classical gardens in Suzhou – the Humble Administrator’s Garden. Explore its natural landscape of small forests, rock formations, hills and streams. Marvel at the sophisticated temples, pavilions and bridges built in the Ming style.
Walk with your guide to the Panmen Scenic Area to see the Pan Men (Coiled Gate), which is Suzhou’s only remaining city gate. Built in 514 BC, it is a pioneering work in the history of architecture, complete with a land gate, a water gate and a gate tower.
After a whole day of touring Suzhou, take a late afternoon train to Shanghai, where a private transport will transfer you to your hotel.
Overnight: Peninsula Hotel in Shanghai
Day 4 (B)
After breakfast, you will be transported by private vehicle to the either the Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport or Shanghai Pudong International Airport for your flight home.
Please note: If requiring transport to any location other than the airport, please advise at time of booking.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.