Enjoy the afternoon visiting Nara. Due to its past as the first permanent capital of Japan, it remains full of historic treasures, including some of Japan's oldest Buddhist temples. On this tour visit the Todaiji Temple, Deer Park and Kasuga Shrine.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Rail Tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Japan's first permanent capital was established in the year 710 at Heijo, the city now known as Nara. As the influence and political ambitions of the city's powerful Buddhist monasteries grew to become a serious threat to the government, the capital was moved to Nagaoka in 784.
Depart Osaka and travel by rail to Kyoto where you'll join your tour oNara, located in the Kinai plain, less than one hour from Kyoto. Due to its past as the first permanent capital, it remains full of historic treasures, including some of Japan's oldest Buddhist temples.
Visit the Todaiji Temple, constructed in the 8th century, is one of Japan's most famous and historically significant temples. In it's huge precincts are various national treasures of Japan. The Daibutsuden (Great Buddha Hall) is one of the world's largest wooden buildings. One of Japan's best-known temples, it enshrines a gigantic bronze statue of Buddha. A wonder of religious architecture.
See over 1,000 tame deer roam freely in the verdant 1,250 acres peaceful park. If you wish to feed the deer, they will gladly eat from your hand. Special deer food is available for sale in the park grounds.
Tour concludes with a visit to Kasuga Shrine, the most famous and beautiful Shinto shrine in Nara, it features some 3,000 antique stone and bronze lanterns.
Travel by return rail to Osaka.
Deer Park, Nara
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Osaka hotels
- 12:30pm from Hotel Granvia Osaka
Tour concludes upon arrival at Kintestu Namba Station (in Osaka) at approximately 6.00pm.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Nara Afternoon Tour to Todaiji Temple, Deer Park and Kasuga Shrine from Osaka
- Hotel pickup (from selected Osaka hotels only)
- Guided tour of Nara
- Motor coach transportation
- JR rail one-way from Osaka to Kyoto
- JR rail one-way from Nara to Osaka
- Admission Fees
- English speaking guide
- Entering Treasures Hall
- Entering Manyo Botanical Gardens at Kasuga Shrine
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of your tour date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Wheelchair Access: This tour is wheechair accessible, however passengers who require assistance must provide their own carer.
- Please note that the train journey from Osaka to Kyoto and vice versa are non-reserved local trains. Some parts of pathway on this tour is gravel.
- At Kasuga Taisha Shrine, the tour does not include entrance to areas requiring admission.
- The tour may not visit Nara Nagomikan if it is closed or due to traffic conditions.
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.