Delphi Day Trip from Athens
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
After meeting your guide in Athens, hear tales about the ancient Greeks and their lives in Delphi while traveling to the town by luxury minivan. Pass through the towns of Levadia and Arachova – both famous for their production of brightly colored carpets – and arrive in Delphi around midday.
First stop is a tour of the Delphi archeological site – a UNESCO World Heritage Site and easily one of the most important digs in Europe. As you walk around the evocative ruins with your guide, see famous monuments like the Temple of Apollo.
Head inside Delphi Archeological Museum and explore this veritable treasure trove at leisure. Home to countless artifacts and intriguing relics, the museum consists of 15 rooms arranged in chronological order from 15th century BC to 4th century AD. Be sure to check out the bronze Charioteer of Delphi and the Sphinx of Naxos.
After eating lunch at a Delphi hotel (own expense), you will return to Athens, stopping in Arachova on the way to stretch your legs or grab a coffee (own expense).
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour with lunch
USD $109.56Pricing details
Tour without lunch
USD $96.14Pricing details
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Reviewed by: Linda K, July 2015
Our trip to Delphi was well organized and extremely informative. Thanks!
Reviewed by: Edward F, July 2015
We scheduled an extra day in Athens just to take this day trip. It was a long bus ride for a day trip, but worth it if you came to see ancient Greek ruins. The guide was very informative.