Kaikoura Whale Watch Tour from Christchurch including TranzCoastal Rail Journey
Spend the day getting close to nature on this Kaikoura Whale Watching tour from Christchurch. Travel by road through the rolling hill country of North Canterbury, enjoying the beauty of its rural pastoral scenes, to Kaikoura where mountains meet sea (approx 3-hours by coach). Kaikoura is world renowned for the variety of marine mammals which can be seen, not least of all the giant sperm whales and the acrobatic Dusky Dolphins.
- Instant Confirmation
- Rail Tour
- See the underwater world without getting wet
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
On arrival in Kaikoura you will be transferred to a whale watch tour by boat. On the tour you may view the giant sperm whale and often other whale species, dolphins, seals and the Royal Albatross. Following the tour, lunch has been arranged at the Craypot Cafe and Bar. There will be the opportunity this afternoon to visit a seal colony where fur seals may be viewed at close quarters .
Return to Christchurch by train, the TranzCoastal is one of the world's most scenic train journeys. See wildlife and stunning rugged coastline in the comfort of your train carriage.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Christchurch hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour excluding Lunch
Tour including whale watching and one-way tranzCoastal train journey excluding Lunch
USD $156.84Pricing details
Tour including Lunch
Tour including whale watching and one-way tranzCoastal train journey including Lunch
USD $324.63Pricing details
Kaikoura Whale Watch Tour including TranzCoastal Train from Christchurch to Kaikoura
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- One way travel on TranzCoastal train (Kaikoura to Christchurch)
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Fur seal colony viewing
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note, infants under 3 years of age may not join the cruises but may travel on the light aircraft tours
Kaikoura Whale Watch Refund Policy:
If you cancel within 21 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Alkhattab, March 2015
It was good trip but the wave was too high and I got sea sickness.
I did not enjoy it that much.
If you are planning to go take sea sickness tablet .
We did not manage to see the whale and we get partial refund.
Boat stuff was very good and very helpful.
The boat was nice.
It was great adventur
Reviewed by: JOE P, January 2011