Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Day Tour from Munich
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Departing Munich, visit the smallest of three royal castles, Linderhof, which was built by King Ludwig II during the 19th century as a hunting lodge. Built in French Rococo style, the castle has a Moorish pavilion which can be visited during your one hour stay. You have the option to join a guided tour of the interior of Linderhof.
After departing Linderhof, you will have a short shopping stop in Oberammergau, world-famous for its woodcarvers, richly painted houses (Luftl-paintings) and Passion Play.
On the approach to Neuschwanstein, it will quickly become clear as to why this magnificent neo-Romanesque style castle is the most well known castle in the world. It appears through the mist like something out of a fairytale, and you will not be surprised to hear that the man who conceived its design - King Ludwig II, was considered quite eccentric. If it all seems very familiar, it may be because the castle was the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle.
You will stop in Hohenschwangau, a small town at the feet of the castle, where you'll have 4 hours at disposal for lunch and to explore the grounds of Neuschwanstein. You'll also have the option of joining a guided tour of the interior of the castles if you wish.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees (approx. EUR 22.00)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please do not pre-purchase entry tickets to the Royal Castle Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Please pay these fees to your guide so that group entry can be purchased
- Please note this tour does not allow time to see the Venus Grotto. If you would like to see the Grotto, please book "Royal Castle of Linderhof and Oberammergau Day Tour from Munich " - tour 285015
- The coach has a toilet on board
- A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach the castles
Reviewed by: Mahesh V, July 2014
This trip was very good. The bus, the tour guide, the drive and schedule were all super. The visits and stops: Linderhof, Oberammergau, and Newschwanstein were all very well telegraphed and carried out. The tour guide was very professional and provided just the right amount of information: informative without being boring or intrusive. The bus itself was very comfortable. The driving was smooth and without incident - just the way it should be. I'd strongly recommend for those traveling for the first time or have limited mobility. For families or 3 or more and able to walk you can do this trip on your own in your car. One word of caution: Neuschwanstein has its own weather pattern. We left sunny Munich but caught some rain in the Fuessen area in southern Bavaria. There is a cable car ride in the vicinity that I caught a glimpse of but it is not part of this tour.
Reviewed by: Mr Neil Chadwic c, July 2014
Beautiful part of Bavaria a real must for anyone visiting Munich