Travel Guide about Tourism in Tuscany (Toscana), Italy, from an Insider's Point of View
Head out of Rome and off the beaten track to experience a different side of Italy in Tuscany and Umbria. You'll visit the lovely towns of Cortona and Montepulciano, and sample wine, cheeses, salami, olive oil and other local specialties.
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
- Lunch included
Leaving Rome, you'll head north to cross the Tiber valley to Cortona. This town has changed little since the Middle Ages, and was most recently depicted in the Oscar-winning film La Vita e Bella and described by American novelist Frances Mayes in her book Under the Tuscan Sun. As a result, Cortona is enjoying renewed popularity. Stroll through the historic center, absorbing the atmosphere of this picturesque town.
Next you'll drive along the shores of Lake Trasimeno. Lunch will be served in a typical country restaurant.
In the afternoon, you'll drive through the hills of the Chianti region to reach the hilltop town of Montepulciano. The ruby-red Vino Nobile wine of this town is famous the world over. You'll visit one of the oldest wine cellars, discover the winemakers' secrets and taste the final result!
Special Offer! - Book and travel before July 31, 2013, and save 10% on the recommended retail price. - Book Now!
Taste of Italy Day Tour from Rome including Chianti and Umbria
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from a central Rome meeting point. A short walk from Termini Railway Station. Hotel pickup available from selected Rome hotels.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point. It is possible to be dropped off at Via Veneto, Barber Arberini Square, Venezia Square, Repubblica Square. Please ask the guide on the day of travel.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
In the afternoon, drive the hills of the Chianti Region and reach the hilltop town of Montepulciano
- Lunch (drink additional charge)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Optional gratuities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for